PDA

View Full Version : Found an anchor and chain

Dave R
07-26-2015, 12:09 PM
I was snorkeling on the north east tip of 5 Mile Island and found an anchor and chain. I'd like return it to its rightful owner. PM me if it's yours.

Puffin
07-26-2015, 06:01 PM
The North East side of 5 mile. I believe that has a direct view of Trexlers and Quayside Yacht club. There is a small cove there right? I lost an anchor there back in 02 or 03 if I recall correctly. Danforth style, probably in 10-15 feet of water.

Dave R
07-26-2015, 06:57 PM
The North East side of 5 mile. I believe that has a direct view of Trexlers and Quayside Yacht club. There is a small cove there right? I lost an anchor there back in 02 or 03 if I recall correctly. Danforth style, probably in 10-15 feet of water.

There is indeed a small cove there and it was in about 8 feet of water, but it had only been there a few days at most, not 12 or 13 years.

Puffin
07-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I would be surprised if it lasted 12 years without being found as well. I replaced it long ago and wasn't looking to get it back. Your post just reminded me that I did in fact loose an anchor there many years ago and never retrieved it.

It's always fun to find little treasures while snorkeling these locations. Thanks for sharing and doing your part to find the rightful owner.