PDA

View Full Version : Island for picnic

lakes rest guy
06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
I heard that there are several islands that you can boat to for a picnic .. Looking for one on the moultonboro / wolfeboro area !!

Newbiesaukee
06-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Ragged Isle is owned by the LRCT and, I believe, you can land. Best to check with the Lakes Region Conservation Trust. There are Loon nesting areas.

BroadHopper
07-01-2014, 08:14 AM
is another LRCT trust island.

lakes rest guy
07-01-2014, 08:32 AM
I heard of Ragged !! Any others ?

ishoot308
07-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Blanchard Island in Moultonborough neck towards Greens basin and 5 Mile Island are also part of the LRCT and accessible to the public...

Dan

Water Camper
07-01-2014, 08:40 AM
I believe 5 Mile Island is also owned by LRCT.

Hope this helps,
Bill

BroadHopper
07-01-2014, 09:44 AM
The interior of Rattlesnake is owned by LRCT. They did have an access dock but it was destroyed by Mother Nature years ago. Heard that there was an agreement that Rattlesnake Island association does not want public access to the interior thus the dock was never replace.

Although there are three owners, Timber Island is deeded to LRCT as the 'caretaker' of the island to prevent development. I don't think there is public access.

jrc
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Do some site and web searching, LRCT control does not equal public access.

There are different rules for each property.

Meredith AK
07-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Stonedam island is easy to get to and there's a picnic table right on the beach / landing area. Beautiful place in the evening for a picnic.

jrc
07-01-2014, 04:01 PM
You'll see some other ideas in this thread, including land on Cow Island. Stonedam may be too far for someone looking in the Wolfeboro/Moultonborough area.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16446

garysanfran
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Stonedam island is easy to get to and there's a picnic table right on the beach / landing area. Beautiful place in the evening for a picnic.

If you mean the beach with the little beach house, that part of the island is off-limits. The "public landing area" is a small dock on the north west about 200 yards before Sally's Gut. I don't remember a picnic table being there. The trails from this point are marked as to what is public access and what is private, like the beach, for the Rice family.

secondcurve
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
The interior of Rattlesnake is owned by LRCT. They did have an access dock but it was destroyed by Mother Nature years ago. Heard that there was an agreement that Rattlesnake Island association does not want public access to the interior thus the dock was never replace.What a shame. Very selfish. Every time I hear about this it bothers me.

Phantom
07-02-2014, 06:32 AM
If you mean the beach with the little beach house, that part of the island is off-limits. The "public landing area" is a small dock on the north west about 200 yards before Sally's Gut. I don't remember a picnic table being there. The trails from this point are marked as to what is public access and what is private, like the beach, for the Rice family.

Along the trail on the South side of the island there is an area with a granite picnic table