PDA

View Full Version : Aroma Joe's in Laconia

Smokienorm
06-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Having seen the fairly new Aroma Joe's in Laconia right near Belknap Tire, I finally decided to try it, to see how their coffee compares to DD & SB.

There is no seating- only a double drive through. I was 2nd in line but when I left there were 4 more cars lined up.

I tried their café au lait, which was half coffee and half steamed milk. Your choice of milk variety. They also have a huge variety of flavored syrups if you are into that sort of thing in your coffee (I'm not).

They also have some pastry, donut and muffin items, but the donut was nothing to write home about.

The coffee, however, was excellent- very smooth and not at all bitter. And with the frothy steamed milk it was virtually impossible for it to have been too strong like some of the aforementioned big boys' coffees.

I know this is a chain since we have seen some of their other locations in Maine, so I assume this is operated by a local franchisee, but who cares?

Good coffee is good coffee, and the staff was very pleasant, quick and efficient.

I would definitely go back.

BroadHopper
06-28-2014, 06:51 AM
I tried Aroma Joe's last year and have not returned to Dunkin' Dognuts since! I just can't understand why people prefer Dunkin's coffee, am I missing something? Do yourself a favor and head down the street just past the Lakeport Square and check out Aroma Joe's. :cool:

diz
06-28-2014, 06:55 AM
I tried Aroma Joe's last year and have not returned to Dunkin' Dognuts since! I just can't understand why people prefer Dunkin's coffee, am I missing something? Do yourself a favor and head down the street just past the Lakeport Square and check out Aroma Joe's. :cool:

Same here. AJs is great.

Convertible Girl
06-28-2014, 07:47 AM
We have enjoyed Aroma Joes in our hometown of Dover for years and I am so happy see them in the Lakes Region. They have great coffee, the only bad thing is there is always a line to get one :)

Lakemamma
06-28-2014, 09:51 AM
We love AJ we live in Meredith but drive over there twice a week to get our coffee and treats.

We also will stop there when we go for walks on the WOW trail since you go right bye them ... So happy to have then around. Maybe they will venture to this side of the lake sometime. :)

belly_button_biter
06-28-2014, 01:21 PM
it is a sad day when a Lakes region form for restaurant reviews is dominated by a coffee. Shop and donut vending truck. What does this mean?

Newbiesaukee
06-28-2014, 01:38 PM
We drink a lot of coffee and eat a lot of donuts?

Not sad and not the end of civilization as we know it.:):)

jetskier
06-28-2014, 02:04 PM
it is a sad day when a Lakes region form for restaurant reviews is dominated by a coffee. Shop and donut vending truck. What does this mean?

It means that this is what is new in town. There is an Irish Pub opening in Veterans Square (in the fall, I believe) and that will likely get forum coverage too.

Jetskier:cool:

wifi
06-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Don't forget the Bay-Gulls :laugh:

Bumble2249
06-29-2014, 12:01 AM

Really? Get over it. Last time I checked they both sold things that you consume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicole
06-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Love AJ's so much better than DD. We live in Laconia year round and frequent AJ's on average twice a week. We have been going since they opened up here and have not been back to DD since.

baygo
07-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Leslie and I donated the use of our golf course to the Human Society today. It was a great event in part because Aroma Joe's sent over Coffee and Danish for all the players and volunteers. Thank you to all who support Aroma Joes as you are the enablers.