PDA

View Full Version : Sandy point

tmm366
06-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Went to sandy point today for lunch. Ordered lazy lobster with a ceasar salad. Food quality was good but the portions were very small. Spent $45 and left hungry. Very different from what it used to be. I think I'll be buying lobsters at shaws. SP not worth what they charge IMO.

phoenix
06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
this is the first post this season . A group of us go every year by boat in August and thought last year was best ever. Will enjoy seeing other posters

BroadHopper
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Should have head to Akwa Marina bar. They had a lobster special today and they ran out before the day was over.

tmm366
06-01-2014, 09:07 PM
I will have to try aqua marina. It's also a lot closer to home. :)

Misha888
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Went to sandy point today for lunch. Ordered lazy lobster with a ceasar salad. Food quality was good but the portions were very small. Spent $45 and left hungry. Very different from what it used to be. I think I'll be buying lobsters at shaws. SP not worth what they charge IMO.

I found the same problem at Sawyers. :(

Irish mist
06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
A lot of fishy pricing going on with seafood in general in the area IMO. It's a product that lends itself to wild price swings.....and it often swings one way:(

thistleb
06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Walked in the Sunday before Memorial Day and received a very rude welcome. First of all the place was relatively slow, plenty of open tables. The hostess asked if we had a reservation, we did not. She said it would be 30 minutes, we said fine and she gave us a sideways look as if we were putting her out. My wife asked would you like our name or anything? She all but reluctantly took. After it all sank in we decided to leave and my wife a food service professional herself, let them know why. We ended up at Shibleys on the pier and couldn't have been happier. The folks in there are great. In the big picture a few dollars more $10-20 ((family of 4) is well spent when you get quality service.