PDA

View Full Version : Getting your BBQ Fix

LakeWinniMom
05-28-2014, 01:12 PM
It seems we can now get our BBQ fix close to Meredith & Center Harbor.

You may have noticed a small BBQ truck parked at the Meredith Trading Post on Rte 104. They were there last year also, but it seems this year they are planning a longer stay (until Dec 24th). We have been twice already this season, and it doesn't disappoint - with reasonable prices too. No frills just good. www.facebook.com/TravelingTexasSmokeShop

We had also noticed the Canoe in Center Harbor has a small smoker out front (it may have been there last year and we just didn't notice). We went in this past weekend for a little comparison BBQ. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich and thought it was good, but in his opinion the Traveling Texas Smoke Shop got the win.

Winnilifer
05-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Was wondering about his (Texas smoke shop) BBQ food. I looked at his FB page for what he offers nothing there.

Anyway I'll stop in and see what he has as a Friday night replacement meal.

LakeWinniMom
05-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Was wondering about his (Texas smoke shop) BBQ food. I looked at his FB page for what he offers nothing there.

Anyway I'll stop in and see what he has as a Friday night replacement meal.

I believe they have Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork for meats and corn bread & corn on the cob for sides. The FB page also mentions chicken leg quarters. I do hope they add a couple of more items, but what we've tried has been good.

RLW
05-28-2014, 04:00 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif LakeWinniMom, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for your input regarding the 2 locations that you posted about. I'm sure many will try them out.:)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

jetskier
06-06-2014, 07:30 PM
I believe they have Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork for meats and corn bread & corn on the cob for sides. The FB page also mentions chicken leg quarters. I do hope they add a couple of more items, but what we've tried has been good.

Hi all,

We stopped by to try them this evening; interesting, there was a front page article about them in the Citizen today.

As it was a bit late in the day some of the menu items were sold out. When we stopped by they still had all the sides available, pulled pork, chicken legs and rib racks. We opted for the rib racks and a couple of sides.

This is pretty traditional Texas BBQ...I used to travel to Dallas a lot for business. The ribs were smoked with a dry rub and the meat was "fall off the bone". A sauce was provided with the ribs and it was quite good. We had more food than we could eat and ended up taking about half of it home.

There is a dearth of decent BBQ in the lakes region and it is nice to see some good Texas BBQ come into the area. Let's patronize them and make sure that they come back next year too; they are worth it. :-)

Jetskier:cool:

michelemybell
06-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I also tried a pulled pork sandwich. It was the best I have ever had.

Highly recommend :D:D

Bumble2249
06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
I had BBQ tonight at Juniors Crush house! I have been told that they are changing their entire menu to traditional bbq. I had smoked chicken and baby back ribs! Awesome is all I can say! Finally a real bbq restaurant in the lakes region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquorish
07-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Glad to hear Juniors is changing their menu, because what they serve now is not good at all...

Orion
07-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I also tried a pulled pork sandwich. It was the best I have ever had.
Highly recommend :D:D

I also stopped for lunch at the Rt. 104 BBQ and agree totally. Nice smokey flavor. I didn't even add BBQ sauce, and the bun was nice and fresh.

LakeWinniMom
05-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Traveling to Meredith a couple of weeks ago we noticed the Texas Smoke Shop truck was parked again at the Trading Post on Rt 104. We haven't stopped in yet, but looking forward to it.

VitaBene
05-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Traveling to Meredith a couple of weeks ago we noticed the Texas Smoke Shop truck was parked again at the Trading Post on Rt 104. We haven't stopped in yet, but looking forward to it.

They have been there for a while, but don't seem to be set up yet... waiting semi-patiently!!

PaugusBayFireFighter
05-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Only open Thursday through Sunday. Great BBQ.

MAXUM
05-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Only open Thursday through Sunday. Great BBQ.

I swear they blow the smoke towards 104 just to get people driving by to stop because it smells so darn good. I bet it's good!

phoenix
05-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I was up Patriot's weekend and he was there cooking and it did smell great

MikeF-NH
05-07-2015, 02:16 PM
when I head up to the north end of the lake to fish for salmon in the spring, I am passing by the trading post at 4-430AM and I see this guy working the smoker alone and in the dark. I appreciate that kind of dedication to his craft. If I wasnt a bit behind last time I was going to stop just to shake his hand and tell him how impressed I was without having tried his food yet. Next time I come home that way, I'm definitely stopping in to try it.

I just started smoking meats last summer and realize that low and slow means you get up mighty early to have that brisket or pulled pork ready for lunch. Wings and ribs take a little less dedication.

polarisman14
05-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Are there any bbq places that are accessible via boat? Specifically, is Junior's? I can see on a map that it is right on the water but don't know if they have dockage for customers.

Thanks!

Misha888
05-13-2015, 12:53 AM
I don't believe they have boat access. Unless you know someone or stay at Silver Sands. And they're basically across the street from the marina right next to Parafunalia.

Are there any bbq places that are accessible via boat? Specifically, is Junior's? I can see on a map that it is right on the water but don't know if they have dockage for customers.

Thanks!

TiltonBB
05-13-2015, 04:15 AM
I don't believe they have boat access. Unless you know someone or stay at Silver Sands. And they're basically across the street from the marina right next to Parafunalia.

The Marina across the street from Parafunalia and Juniors is Mountain View Yacht Club, a 284 slip private marina.

There is no docking there for Juniors or Meadowbrook. People have tried and it didn't work out that well.

The marina management can do anything up to and including remove your boat from the water with the fork lift and charge you for the lift, docking, and storage.

Misha888
05-13-2015, 06:35 PM
It's as though we don't gas up there enough or that I pass it at least 6 times a week . . . thank you. :D

The Marina across the street from Parafunalia and Juniors is Mountain View Yacht Club, a 284 slip private marina.

There is no docking there for Juniors or Meadowbrook. People have tried and it didn't work out that well.

The marina management can do anything up to and including remove your boat from the water with the fork lift and charge you for the lift, docking, and storage.

BroadHopper
05-15-2015, 08:59 AM
I park at the Glendale Docks and walk to Patrick's, Junior Crush or Sawyer's many times. I even attend concerts at meadowbrook. I believe the 'harbormaster' leaves around 7 PM. No one check for how long you boat is docked. The Gilford Police do a sweep between 3 and 5 am to make sure there is no overnight docking.

polarisman14
05-15-2015, 11:28 AM
That's not too bad. Mapquest says it's only a mile each way, I can deal with that. Glendale does have public docks on one side of the launch area, yes?

BroadHopper
05-15-2015, 12:25 PM
That's not too bad. Mapquest says it's only a mile each way, I can deal with that. Glendale does have public docks on one side of the launch area, yes?

That is correct. When you are coming in from the lake. The rightmost pier allows 3 hr docking at designated areas. Double check as the attendant is anal!