PDA

View Full Version : Sunfish found

nhhick
04-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Found a sunfish this morning in the rocks at sandy island. Boat is junk now and hull numbers unreadable. If someone knows who it belongs to let me know, or it will just end up in the dumpster.

SIKSUKR
04-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Bummer. And its upside down to top it off.:laugh:

ITD
04-24-2014, 11:53 AM
This picture was obviously taken in China. :laugh:

From the top that boat doesn't look that bad, although I don't know why there are so many holes drilled in it.

Pineedles
04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
although I don't know why there are so many holes drilled in it.

Drilled, or shot?

HellRaZoR004
04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Are those bullet holes?

jmen24
04-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Certainly looks like .22 holes. No rhyme or reason to the pattern if they are drilled (hardware layout, etc.).

ITD
04-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Drilled, or shot?

Good point.

pcmc
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Certainly looks like .22 holes. No rhyme or reason to the pattern if they are drilled (hardware layout, etc.).

Yikes, maybe someone mistook it as moose?
(Sorry for the comment, for future reference, it's timing related to a thread in the snowmobiling section)

ITD
04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
(Sorry for the comment, for future reference, it's timing related to a thread in the snowmobiling section)

Yes, that thread was closed, tread carefully....

I wonder if this was an attempt to scuttle an unwanted boat. The problem is a Sunfish is filled with floatation materials....

ApS
04-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Found a sunfish this morning in the rocks at sandy island. Boat is junk now and hull numbers unreadable. If someone knows who it belongs to let me know, or it will just end up in the dumpster.

The YMCA camp at Sandy Island usually has several Sunfish out on moorings; moreover, the YMCA's Sunfish would likely be secured for the winter near the shore.

http://www.bostonycamps.org/sites/default/files/uploads/camp-sandy-sailboats.jpg

There don't seem to be any Sunfish showing red trim—but the file photo above could be from the 60's—or some time before NH required registration of tiny sailboats.

The found sailboat appears to be a model from about 1974. The HIN number should appear on the right side of transom. The last two numbers will be the year it was made.

Just the hardware parts appearing in your photo could fetch $200! :eek2:
There's nothing showing that can't be fixed on a weekend using fiberglass and epoxy resin.

nhhick
04-24-2014, 07:30 PM
This is not one of our boats, mp has been notified. Was up on the rocks when we arrived this morning to start opening. The area of the hull number was damaged, as is is most of the bottom, there is no saving this boat, and would like to give the owner the opportunity to salvage those parts off of it as I know the value of them.

Rusty
04-24-2014, 08:17 PM

Thought I would get you off your head. :D

pjard
04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Bummer. And its upside down to top it off.:laugh:

Siksukr....that was funny!

nhhick
04-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks Rusty, sometimes these smart phones aren't so smart, tried to fix it but just kept postng upside down.

Orion
04-25-2014, 05:18 AM
Sunfish are 13' long and require registration. No registration decal on it? It would also have a number on the decal.

GTO
04-25-2014, 07:32 AM

Damn, you beat me to it....lol