PDA

View Full Version : Will this winter ever end?

PaugusBayFireFighter
03-20-2014, 06:45 AM
Yup!

This afternoon at 12:57 spring officially starts...think positive, think warm ;)

Hopefully I'll have the 10" of snow that fell overnight cleared by then :rolleye2:

fpartri497
03-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Yup!

This afternoon at 12:57 spring officially starts...think positive, think warm ;)

Hopefully I'll have the 10" of snow that fell overnight cleared by then :rolleye2:

its just been announced that there will be no summer this year

:(

hilltopper
03-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Yup...10" of sludge here in Meredith also. There's still what...just shy of two feet on the ground? :rolleye2:

minni on winni
03-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Don't know if this will make anyone feel better but I saw a crocus this morning! Looking at the Weirs cam it looks like it may be awhile before one blooms up in the lakes region.But keep the faith spring and spring flowers HAVE SPRUNG!!!:D

minni on winni
03-21-2014, 04:30 PM
A friend works at a local hallmark store and told me they just got in the Lake Forecast:
SUNNY, OCCASIONAL BOATING & SWIMMING, CHANCE OF DRINKING, DRINKING MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES:)
Bring it on!!!!!!!!

snowflake
03-22-2014, 06:49 AM
I can't believe all the snow up there. Will ice out ever happen? Here in suburban Boston a big bunch of daffodils in my yard are growing taller each day! However with temps in 20s early next week they may be an endangered species. Spring and summer will come. Heard we're having a very hot summer. I'll complain about that too.

Sandy Island fan
03-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I, for one, have vowed not to complain about hot weather this summer - if we ever get there!!

NHWakesurfer
03-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Its not ending soon another artic front moves in Sunday, Mon and Tue with a possible snowstorm on Wed. Keep the sleds fired up it will pass the time until June when the ice might be gone:) three feet of it still near me on the North end of the lake.

LongBay
03-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes, on the first day of summer.

upthesaukee
03-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Yep, it is at it again:(:fire:

Merrymeeting
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
The long range forecast gives hope starting later next week. Friday to stay above freezing for more than 12 hours, and high-40's every day after that.

Assuming and hoping they are right, finally! A return to normalcy!

Tired of Waiting
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes, on the first day of Winter 2014.

There, fixed it for you.;)

ToW

fatlazyless
03-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Nine below zero today at 6:30am according to my thermometer outside the window here in frozen Waterville Valley which is buried under lots and lots of big piles of snow everywhere ....... pretty danged cold for March 25, 2014......but just remember that is was 83-degrees on March 23, 2012 ..... so's it probably all averages out or something ....and the cross country skiing on the six miles of free trails at depot camp are looking like February "Team Arctic" snow cover....once the temps warm up the spring skiing will be awesome....

PaugusBayFireFighter
03-26-2014, 06:26 AM
As always, with our weather, nothing is etched in stone but today could be the last really cold day we see. Looks like, starting tomorrow, we warm up to the 40's and stay above freezing with some sun, rain and wind. We need the overnight lows to stay above freezing and that should happen very soon too. Let the healing and melting begin!

Pam, one of my cats, has had enough of the indoors. Her face and posture says what we have been thinking!

Enough with the ice, I want mice!

hilltopper
03-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Looks like, starting tomorrow, we warm up to the 40's and stay above freezing with some sun, rain and wind. We need the overnight lows to stay above freezing and that should happen very soon too. Let the healing and melting begin!

As much as I'm ready to see the snow gone I hope for the sake of the maple sugaring industry the overnight lows hold below freezing for awhile. The sap really hasn't starting running yet with any consistency. I went to an open house at a sugaring operation in Vermont that was boiling sap it had held onto from a small February run.

Northfielder
03-27-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140326/NEWHAMPSHIRE03/140329495

Merrymeeting
05-04-2014, 01:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting REALLY tired of this "Spring"

Chaselady
05-04-2014, 01:24 PM

What, you didn't enjoy the hail and 20 degree drop in temps we just had half an hour ago?!

PaugusBayFireFighter
05-04-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm ready for some heat and sun too. It seems like forever since we've had a stretch of warm sunny weather. The lake is still only 44 degrees so even winds out of the south are a bit cool coming off the bay. It's nice hearing boats again.

I took a ride on the bike from Laconia to Bristol and it was pretty chilly.

Believe it or not, the last 4 weeks have been at or above average temperature. We were also at or below average rainfall. :confused:

tis
05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I am getting really tired of it too, Merrymeeting! WE had our first boat ride today between showers and I had on a sweatshirt, fleece and a windbreaker lined with a sweatshirt material. It was ok, but not what I was hoping for. Of course it started to sprinkle about 5 minutes after we got out there so it was a very short ride, but it was a ride. I love the feeling of being out on the boat!!

SIKSUKR
05-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Its the 1st week of May people.The temps are right where they are supposed to be.

tis
05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Its the 1st week of May people.The temps are right where they are supposed to be.

They weren't last week, were they? I believe they were below normal.

Merrymeeting
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
They weren't last week, were they? I believe they were below normal.

Regardless of whether they were or not, above average or not, it's more than just temperature. When was the last time we had more than 1 day in a row with full sunshine and blue skies? Without a lot of wind? Or ideally all 3 cooperating for a beautiful NE day...more than 1 day in a row?

I just want to work in the yard for more than a four hour stretch and be comfortable.

tis
05-06-2014, 06:28 AM
That is so true, Merry. If the wind isn't blowing and it is sunny it feels so much warmer. Temps don't really matter and we have certainly had a lot of grey skies and wind.

trfour
05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
The birds are back in full song celebrating Spring...

Terry

fatlazyless
06-01-2014, 05:11 AM
Here's to June 1st, and frost on the car windshield here in Waterville Valley, about 35-miles from Lake Winnipesaukee....seems a little unusual....to find enough frost on the windshield to need to get out the winter ice scraper....that polar vortex is back or something?