PDA

View Full Version : Almost there

cowgirl
03-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Its supposed to be a whole lot warmer in the next few days. In a few weeks, we'll be getting the boat out and heading for our island.
Last fall I "discovered" this web site and forum. Reading the posts and enjoying the photos of the lake all winter have really made the time away from our cottage more bearable. Also, I've learned a lot, always a good thing!
I want to be out on the Broads as the setting sun's last rays catch the tops of high cumulous clouds. I want to hear the sound of water, and people laughing across the lake, and screen doors slamming, and the smell of grills firing up. I want to hear a loon!
Thanks for letting me vent...

Diane
03-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Cowgirl. I have been coming here for 2 years now, and I am in Florida, so the ONLY way I get to enjoy the Lake is through this forum. The photo post is awesome. Really lets those of us who are "away" get to enjoy it all. I grew up in the Lakes Region, but left in 1984. You can leave "it", but "it" never leaves you.

Hazelnut
03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
See ya out on the Island cowgirl. This year we are bringing 2 extra residents with us. Our 6 month old twin boys! I am excited to introduce them to Cow Island. Can't wait to get out there!

cowgirl
03-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Congratulations on your twins! They are so lucky to be able to grow up on the Lake. Although we're on the island now, I spent a lot of wonderful summer days at my grandparents cottage up beyond Moultonborough Bay. We've been here on Cow since my kids were all in grade school... now they're in college and high school! Time goes by so fast when you're having fun!

Colt
03-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Congrats Hazelnut....but I hope this doesn't start a thread about overcrowding on the lake. (just kidding)

Awesome visuals Cowgirl.

Mink Islander
03-25-2004, 12:41 PM
We've got twin 9-1/2 year olds (boy/girl). It's a blast watching them grow up at the lake!

Congrats!

Grant
03-25-2004, 02:48 PM
All these twins -- must be something in the Winnipesaukee water!

We have twin girls who will turn 13 in less than a month. They've spent every summer up on the Lake, and love it as well. This will be their 5th year in Camp Huckins.

Come to think of it, an OLD friend from down the shore, whose family ran a cottage colony for years, has twins as well.

I'm heading up 5/13...counting the days...

Hazelnut
03-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks all. Things will never be the same. I look forward to a whole new era. I have been going to the lake since I was 10. Now I get to bring my kids up there. It is a weird feeling. I'm nervous about them on the boat, around the water, etc. I am sure I'll relax as soon as we have our first successful weekend excursion with them. It's a good excuse to have lots of family and friends come out to the island. Helping Hands!