PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Verizon Store in Center Harbor

sky's
01-04-2014, 12:23 PM
First of all I hate to start the new year off on a negative post but ill leave it up to the members to form there own opinion. After 10+ years I was talked into switching over to Verizon from US Cellular. Cost is very competitive however the local service center in my opinion has room for improving. During the switch my wife and I purchased new phones. The phone I received was the Samsung Galaxy 4. After 4 months or so I had problems with the phone charging both with a home outlet and the car charger, googled the model and discovered some of these phones over heat and can cause the battery to bulge creating a malfunction. OK no problem its warrantied and lets face it these things happen. so I went to the Verizon store that recently moved to Center Harbor were our original contract began and were we purchased the phones only to discover they hand you a piece of paper and tell you to call Verizon’s Customer service and they will send you a new phone. Nothing like "passing the buck" I think I purchased the phone from you but you don't service them apparently. So I go home call Verizon got disconnected twice and sat on hold for nearly 30 minutes the new phone did come the next day however the second package that was supposed to be sent did not arrive and that contained the new battery. I proceeded back to the Verizon store only to find out they don’t have batteries and again I have to call Corporate Verizon’s customer service and find out were the second package is, SERIOUSLY??? Maybe I’m old fashioned but what happened to customer service??:confused:

Lakesrider
01-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Gone with the wind.....Weird though I have never had an issue dealing with anything by Verizon online. I order my phones and get parts that way and always have it next day or two day. Rarely step foot in a Verizon store unless to just look at the new phones.

tis
01-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I agree with you, Verizon is one of the worst companies to deal with. I am not the only one that believes this, my insurance agency deals with them and told me that. It is like the government, it is so big and nobody is in charge so they don't care if you are on hold for ages. They are just like the cable companies. Getting someone to talk to on the phone is just awful!

We bought phones at the Belknap Mall once and he sold us old phones which we didn't know at the time, only found out after. I don't even know if that store is still there now. I will only go to the Verizon owned stores now not the retail stores. The retail stores sell but you are right, that is all they do, no repairs, no nothing else it seems.

Barbara
01-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I have heard horror stories from friends about their experiences at the franchise retail stores. I will only go to the corporate stores.

Slickcraft
01-04-2014, 03:12 PM
We got two android phones at the Belknap Mall store about 2 years ago. It took two visits and quite of bit of time for us to decide and the sales clerk was both very patient and knowledgeable. We planned our visits for early morning when they were not busy. Also as with sales clerks in most stores, some are good and some not.

About 2 months later I had a problem with my phone and called Verizon; the tech was also patient and knowledgeable. The problem was identified as being hardware so a replacement phone arrived the next day. I was disappointed that the Motorola warranty replacements are "certified pre-owned" otherwise the service was very good.

brk-lnt
01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I have heard horror stories from friends about their experiences at the franchise retail stores. I will only go to the corporate stores.

Yes, this.

If you went to the store I'm thinking of you weren't at a "Verizon Wireless" store, you were at a "Go Wireless" store, which primarily sells Verizon products. They're not a service center, and just like you wouldn't take a product back to WalMart and expect them to honor a warranty part for a Panasonic TV, you can't take a Samsung phone to a Verizon reseller and expect them to do much about it.

I do think they make it more confusing than it needs to be. These reseller stores display the Verizon logos, so it's easy to think they are corporate stores, but they're not.

upthesaukee
01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
First of all I hate to start the new year off on a negative post but ill leave it up to the members to form there own opinion. After 10+ years I was talked into switching over to Verizon from US Cellular. Cost is very competitive however the local service center in my opinion has room for improving. During the switch my wife and I purchased new phones. The phone I received was the Samsung Galaxy 4. After 4 months or so I had problems with the phone charging both with a home outlet and the car charger, googled the model and discovered some of these phones over heat and can cause the battery to bulge creating a malfunction. OK no problem its warrantied and lets face it these things happen. so I went to the Verizon store that recently moved to Center Harbor were our original contract began and were we purchased the phones only to discover they hand you a piece of paper and tell you to call Verizon’s Customer service and they will send you a new phone. Nothing like "passing the buck" I think I purchased the phone from you but you don't service them apparently. So I go home call Verizon got disconnected twice and sat on hold for nearly 30 minutes the new phone did come the next day however the second package that was supposed to be sent did not arrive and that contained the new battery. I proceeded back to the Verizon store only to find out they don’t have batteries and again I have to call Corporate Verizon’s customer service and find out were the second package is, SERIOUSLY??? Maybe I’m old fashioned but what happened to customer service??:confused:

The store in Center harbor is a Premiere Retailer as opposed to a Verizon Store. The Retailer can sell the phones and plans and do other things, but can't help much with phone troubles. Here is the info on Verizon Stores in Center Harbor. Looks like you may have gone to Go Wireless, a retailer.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/dispatcher?action=DISPLAY&item=_STORE_SEARCH&CURRENT_TYPE_LABEL=All%20Stores&prefix=0 (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/dispatcher?action=DISPLAY&item=_STORE_SEARCH&CURRENT_TYPE_LABEL=All%20Stores&prefix=0)

Long before Easy Techs came to Staples, people would try to bring a computer or other piece of equipment into the store for us to work on. We did not service the unit, only sold them.

I bought one phone from a retailer, and had similar issues. All peachy during the sale, and more lemony after. Real sour taste in the mouth.

Since then, we have dealt with the Verizon Store in Rochester, across from Walmart, and have had zero issues with customer service there.

Sorry for your troubles, Sky, but that is the problem dealing with a retailer. Maybe they could have been a little more helpful, or at least pleasant.

Lakepilot
01-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I also never go to a franchise store. We only go to Corporate stores.

BroadHopper
01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
There is only two corporate stores that I know of in NH. The one at BJ's in Tilton and the one on Daniel Webster Highway in Nashua. Both have excellent reputation and service. If you do have a problem at the two locations please let me know as I am familiar with the corporate regional manager.

The manager did say they do not have must control over the franchises and retail stores, but if they 'abuse' the name they can be pulled off the Verizon account.

You do not need a BJ account to visit the Verizon store.

Denny Crane
01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I have sprint Nextel and need the direct connect for work. I have a new rep calling me every other month. I cannot figure the motivation of stores yet I pay 7 to $900 per month for phones. What stores truly represent the customer? I had great coverage around the lake until the split, then they gave me the runaround with Nextel air rave, which sucked. If I didn't need direct connect goodbye Nextel. Runaround

upthesaukee
01-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Per the Verizon Website, the only Corporate stores are Rochester, Concord, Epping, Portsmouth, Manchester, Mall of NH in Manchester, Londonderry, Nashua (3) , West Lebanon, Salem, and Keene.

BJ's in Tilton is shown as a Premium Retailer, not a Corporate Store.

Concord or Rochester would be the two closest to the Lakes Region, I guess.

tis
01-05-2014, 07:42 AM
We really like the Rochester Verizon store too. They are very helpful and nice. I think it is really still Farmington isn't it? But it is across from Walmart.

TheProfessor
01-05-2014, 08:43 AM
All can be a tad difficult or confusing with all of the technology changes.

There are basically two types of cell phones. Regular (telephone) cell phones and smart phones. Smart phones are little computers now.

There are three formats or operating systems for smart phones. Apple, Android, and Windows (Microsoft). And then there are versions of each format or operating system - constantly making newer versions.

Terms such as Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean can confusing.
And then there is 3G and 4G. Towers.

One really has to do some consumer research before committing to a 2 year contract. And even with the pay as you go phones.

I read a neighbors bill one time and noticed that they were paying for 4GB data and only using less then 1GB per month. Paying extra for something not needed or used.

Many/some over buy and get too much phone. Features that will never be used. But paid for.

Few have discovered the discounts that one can obtain from the carriers. And these discounts may not provided by most/all of the outlets or franchise stores.

LINK (http://www.bradsdeals.com/blog/cell-phone-discounts/)

And.

LINK (http://militarybenefits.info/veteran-military-cell-phone-discounts/)

upthesaukee
01-05-2014, 08:48 AM
We really like the Rochester Verizon store too. They are very helpful and nice. I think it is really still Farmington isn't it? But it is across from Walmart.

The municipal boundary is west of the store, just before where the old railroad tracks crossed rte 11 if you are heading westbound. It is right near the TEK and Rainbow Vacuum building. (I saw the sign for 15+ years going back and forth to work:rolleye2:;):))