PDA

View Full Version : Any action on the ice yet?

FLAG!
12-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Just curious to see if anyone has been seen on the ice at Winni yet? Wolfeboro Bay? Winter Harbor? Alton?

Lakegeezer
12-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Up in Moultonborough Bay, there is 5-6" of ice and folks are out skating. No snowmobiles have gone by yet, but it sure seems safe enough for them. The 3" of powder we got last night makes it just about perfect. Absolutely no open water to be seen in any direction from here.

PaugusBayFireFighter
12-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Snowmobiles on Paugus, at least in the coves. My ice aerator is working overtime to keep the docks clear.

chasedawg
12-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Just curious to see if anyone has been seen on the ice at Winni yet? Wolfeboro Bay? Winter Harbor? Alton?

Bob houses are starting to line up near the shore at 19 mile bay. There are snowmobile tracks out on the ice within the bay.

It is still to soon to venture out even by foot. I did see a person sitting out in the middle of Mirror Lake fishing. He was alone! No one around to help him if there was a problem.

tis
12-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Someone was walking on Winter Harbor. I wouldn't.

upthesaukee
12-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Just heard on the scanner about a half hour ago that a call was made to Belmont FD for a cold exposure call. When the ambulance called to say they were responding, Dispatch said that a man had fallen through the ice, but had got out, made it to shore, and was sitting in a pickup truck.

Nothing further to report. Glad the guy made it out ok. Unfortunately, that's one :(.

Duke's
12-29-2013, 11:37 AM
3 Bob houses showed up in Smith Cove this morning.

Slickcraft
12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
One bob house noted today on Alton Bay between the launch and the "floating" bandstand.

ishoot308
12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
A few bob houses and a four wheeler in Smith Cove this afternoon...

Cobalt
12-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Anyone riding snowmobiles on the lake from Camp Tecumseh down to Moultonboro Bay?

Thanks

Winnisquamguy
01-01-2014, 08:06 AM
The Bob Houses are finally around Mohawk Island. I also saw a four wheeler riding around. I have not seen anything North of the bridge yet.

PaugusBayFireFighter
01-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Snowmobiles all over Paugus Bay!

TJNed
01-17-2014, 03:28 PM
How's the ice holding up? I'm hoping for good conditions for the derby. We had a good start this year for the ice in but now it seems questionable.

jetskier
01-17-2014, 03:54 PM
We drove past Winnisquam this afternoon and there is a large patch of open water along the road on the west side of the channel. There is a smaller patch of open water near the bridge.

Undaunted, there are still quite a few bob huts out there, but the ice looked milky white and did not inspire confidence. I think that the cold weather will change the conditions for the better over the next week or two.

Jetskier:cool:

WeirsBeachBoater
01-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Put my bobhouse out on Weds. I am on Meredith Bay, couple hundred feet off the docks. Drilled 8-10 inches of ice. Stop by, Adirondack style hut, Irish Flag is out, means I'm in.

TJNed
01-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Put my bobhouse out on Weds. I am on Meredith Bay, couple hundred feet off the docks. Drilled 8-10 inches of ice. Stop by, Adirondack style hut, Irish Flag is out, means I'm in.

8-10" of ice is better than the last time we went for the derby in 2012. Canceled last year because of the blizzard. For years we bounced between Meredith Bay and Paugus Bay, now we found a good spot by Governors Island. I'll look for you when we ride over to headquarters.