PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trees

Bmcgov78
11-30-2013, 09:59 PM
I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for cutting down my own Christmas Tree in the Winni area. I'm in Tuftonboro but anywhere around Winni is fine.... Thx

riverat
12-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for cutting down my own Christmas Tree in the Winni area. I'm in Tuftonboro but anywhere around Winni is fine.... Thx

wmur's link
http://www.wmur.com/news/viewers-choice-best-christmas-tree-farms-in-new-hampshire/-/9858204/23206482/-/g00obt/-/index.html

dpg
12-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Mine's already cut it's in the basement, in a box. Step 1: open box Step 2: stick branches in base...:D

PaugusBayFireFighter
12-01-2013, 09:23 AM
We take down a shower rod and place it in a stand, voila, the Festivus Pole is reborn and up and ready for the festivities. "Feats of strength" and the "Airing Of Grievances" towards friends and family are two of my favorites...its Festivus for the rest-of-us!!!;)

Greene's Basin Girl
12-01-2013, 11:34 AM
They have very nice trees at Yeaton Agway in Plymouth. They come from a tree farm in Rumney. They are tied so you can't really look at them, but they are all beautiful. The best thing is that they are priced at $26.97. This is our second year getting a tree from Agway. Our tree is up and it is beautiful. Heath's Hardware in Center Harbor also has some really nice trees. They came from a tree farm in Plymouth and they are priced at $45.00. We cut our own for 25 years, but we found in the area that good looking trees were hard to find and very expensive. Many of the good cut your own NH trees are sold to retailers throughout NH and MA.

Heaven
12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Right on 171 in Tuftonboro, I think it is called bald knob/peak farm. Great place to cut.

On another note I am looking for an affordable 3 or 4 foot diameter wreath. Any suggestions? A local garden store has 3 foot plain wreaths for $42 which is a lot for me.

CateP
12-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Just got our tree from Neva Dun Farm in Barnstead. Great experience. Hot chocolate and all. The trees were all very well trimmed. No mutants.

77 Peacham Rd, Center Barnstead, NH 03225
Phone:(603) 776-7000

BroadHopper
12-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I think there is one off Roller Coaster Road in Laconia. I'm not sure if they sell them there.

My family has well over 1400 acres of undeveloped land. So I am all set.

I am amazed at the number of folks that buys trees before Thanksgiving and hear them complain the leaves are falling off before Christmas. Year after Year, they must be flatlanders. :rolleye1:

Great article in this month NH magazine when someone move the Carolinas to NH and found that real NH natives use real trees for Christmas and real maple syrup! :laugh:

Bmcgov78
12-05-2013, 08:26 PM
thx for all the suggestions