PDA

View Full Version : Back home.....and not happy about it.

glennsteely
10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, it was a great, extra long weekend up in NH. Our first trip up this year, but more importantly.....our first trip of more than one night....WITHOUT ANY KIDS!!! We ate relaxing meals, drank too much wine, enjoyed each others company. Took long walks, slept late in the morning, watched what WE wanted on t.v......How do you enjoy your alone time in NH if you are from out of state?

So, we drove 8 hours home today, NH to NJ, arriving at our door at around 4pm.....I unpacked the car, took a shower, ate a sandwich and went to bed. I slept 3 1/2 - 4 hours, and now I am sitting at my desk, working a 11 to 7am shift. Somehow, tonight just doesn't add up to last night, when we were hundreds of miles away, cuddled up for our last night......at The Lake.

ghfromaltonbay
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
We left NH for NJ on Oct. 1st, and I'm already counting the days till my next visit in Feb. I don't envy your ride all the way to Pitman. At least we're only 5.5 hours from Alton Bay.

Diver Vince
10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
We left NJ for NH over a year ago and certainly have no regrets on permanently leaving the garden state. :D

BaileyBecca
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Getting ready to head up to NH from Mays Landing, NJ. exit 44 GSP. The ride there is always quick but the ride home is so long... Hope to soon leave NJ for the last time and call Lakes Region Home!

glennsteely
10-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Getting ready to head up to NH from Mays Landing, NJ. exit 44 GSP. The ride there is always quick but the ride home is so long... Hope to soon leave NJ for the last time and call Lakes Region Home!

BAILEYBECCA....

We are almost neighbors.....we are from Pitman, right next to Glassboro....just a short hop up 322 from you. In fact, my brothers construction company built a lot of homes in Mays Landing....Victoria Point and Victoria's Estates....there was another one back there, cant remember the name, maybe Victoria's Gardens?? Oh well.....I can only dream of moving up there some day, as of now. We used to own a cottage on Spindle Point, but it's gone now. Long gone.....

BaileyBecca
10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Glensteely,

I'm originally from Northfield, NJ. My NH visits started as an infant when we would spend our summers in Moultonboro at Tanglewood Shores. My wife and I dont visit as often as we would like but we always look forward to it.

Yes we too hope to retire near the lake soon.

Nice to "meet" you. This website is a nice vacation for our memories...