flatlander02138
09-28-2013, 08:06 PM
2alarm on arrival

PaugusBayFireFighter
09-28-2013, 08:13 PM
She's burning good!!!

PaugusBayFireFighter
09-28-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm not a sparkle but when I heard fire engines and saw an orange glow I put two and two together. A neighbor said it was the motel but I knew there was a Laconia class of 83 reunion at the Steak House and I had to be sure so I walked to the end of my street and saw it was the main building of the motel burning. I was relieved and took a couple of shots and walked back home. Not sure of any details other than its a large fire in the main building. This was the last portion of the motel to be demolished.

Lin
09-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Nice shots. Listening to it on the scanner

Slickcraft
09-29-2013, 05:01 AM
From WMUR web site

LACONIA, N.H. —Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire at the old Christmas Island Resort building on Weirs Boulevard in Laconia.

Officials said the building was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived just before 9:00 p.m.

Officials said the building was vacant and set to be demolished to make way for condos within the next three weeks. They called the fire suspicious.

"It is definitely a suspicious fire. We have the State Fire Marshal here, and they are investigating. We had 150-200 bystanders because there was a high school reunion going on in the restaurant directly next door," said Chief Ken Erickson of the Laconia Fire Department.

The New Hampshire Fire Marshall had two officials on site Saturday.

PaugusBayFireFighter
09-29-2013, 07:29 AM
You have a suspicious fire at the Christmas Island motel last night and a second suspicious fire at Pitman's Freight Room around the same time? :rolleye2:
I remember hearing a roller rink going up last week downtown too but I'm not sure about the cause there.

Somerville Mass is dealing with an arsonist, we may be too.
Time will tell.

PaugusBayFireFighter
09-29-2013, 08:12 AM
This short video was taken last night as I walked up my street. It was going pretty good!!!
Video was shot behind the steakhouse on the road that connects to the island. Looking towards Weirs Beach Blvd.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V8QXpf8umsA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8QXpf8umsA