PDA

View Full Version : Carroll County Glass closed?

Lakesrider
09-17-2013, 10:56 AM
News flash I guess. At least to me, is that Carroll County Glass in Wolfeboro closed, and it is now a Granite State Glass store. Dave Parsons, I am told, decided to retire. Good for him. He was always great to deal with. Very friendly, and very professional. I hope they kept some of the employees though.

Sorry...Carroll County Glass....Not Coounty.....LOL.

beaner
09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I believe there was a brief article about this in the Granite State News a few weeks ago. As I recall, there was a possible sale in the works, and the business would be closed for a spell during the transition. I hope they return soon, although Dave will undoubtedly be missed.

tis
09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, Dave wanted to retire and was either going to sell or just close. He sold it to Granite State Glass. Dave was great, ran a great business. He will be missed. I called GSG earlier this summer and it took about 3 weeks just for me to get a call back and then another three weeks for the salesman to call me and then it would take another month or so to do the job. This was for screening. Summer was over. So if they aren't any better than that in the new store in Wolfeboro, they won't get my business.

chasedawg
09-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes, Dave wanted to retire and was either going to sell or just close. He sold it to Granite State Glass. Dave was great, ran a great business. He will be missed. I called GSG earlier this summer and it took about 3 weeks just for me to get a call back and then another three weeks for the salesman to call me and then it would take another month or so to do the job. This was for screening. Summer was over. So if they aren't any better than that in the new store in Wolfeboro, they won't get my business.

I had a great experience with the Granite State glass at the new location just this past week. I needed to replace a cracked windshield on a vintage Hacker craft woodie.

I called them on Monday. They said bring the broken glass in and on Tuesday they called me to say it was done. The up front manager named Janis was wonderful on the phone when I first called. She said she has been working at GSG for 28 years and they are excited about this new location. She called me on Tuesday morning to say the glass was repaired and ready to be picked up. What great service!

She saw that my ID said I was a Commercial Captain and that got her interest because she told me her great grandfather owned the first Mount Washington on the lake. Very cool. We had a wonderful chat about the history of the Mount. She is very pleasant to talk too.

From what I could see they keep some employees. I know the one that worked on my project was a past employee of CCG. They said that they are trying to get all the office stuff and files pulled together. CCG pictures were still on the walls.

So please give them a chance. I would suggest don't prejudge them on their performance before they even move in.

Lakesrider
09-17-2013, 09:09 PM
They are coming out to measure for a slider door. (custom size) and around 8 windows. I have worked with Granite state before on a sunroom project and it went OK.

tis
09-18-2013, 06:28 AM
They are coming out to measure for a slider door. (custom size) and around 8 windows. I have worked with Granite state before on a sunroom project and it went OK.

Maybe it was because it was screening which isn't their specialty, but still, the time it took was ridiculous. Image Awnings had told me it would be six weeks before they could get to it, and since I didn't want to lose the summer, I tried GSG. Image Awnings was quicker.

glennsteely
09-20-2013, 06:21 PM
As some of you may know, I have been in the glass business for years. The company I work for here in New Jersey has worked with GSG for a lot of those years, as we are the largest manufacturer of commercial glass doors and windows in the northeast. They have always been a great company to do business with, outstanding people with that New England attitude!! Which imho, is the greatest attitude in the world!! I am glad to hear they are in a period of success, the building trades have taken a huge hit in the last 10 years and it is good news that they are growing.....