PDA

View Full Version : Where to put boat in or moor in Alton Bay!

altonbaypeople
03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi, we are Alton residents and have a 24' Stingray. Any suggestions on where to find a mooring or slip for the 2005 summer season or where to launch?

Paugus Bay Resident
03-14-2005, 07:46 AM
You could try Parker River. Also, you can try Downings. You can keep your boat on it's trailer in the lot by the bridge and launch anytime. Not sure what they charge for the season. I have friends at both places (similar size boats), and they seem to be happy with the arrangements.

altonbaypeople
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi, thanks! We called Parker Marine and the bridge clearance on our boat is 5" too tall.... :(

Paugus Bay Resident
03-14-2005, 09:13 AM
That's too bad. I know most of our friends have had similar issues, especially in the spring. Downings may be an option. You might want to check with West Alton and Ames Farm as well.

upthesaukee
03-14-2005, 10:45 PM
I keep my boat at West Alton Marina. Clean place, nice gas dock, helpful staff, family business. Good access out to anywhere on the lake. Call them 875-7788.

Also, check the classified on this website, or post a want ad in the classified. Good luck.

Think ice melt!!!!!

Mee-n-Mac
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
If the public ramp, or pay ramp @ Downings, doesn't suit you and you can't find a marina then you may also want to check the classified ads. There are people up & down the bay who rent out slips. My neighbor rents the other half of his dock and there are more like him.