PDA

View Full Version : Lost O'Brien 10' Diameter 5 Person Lounge Inflatable Raft

rgilfert
08-15-2013, 11:18 AM
In the gusty winds overnight we lost our 10' O'Brien inflatable raft (white with light blue accents) from the west end of Rattlesnake Island on the Broads side. Has anyone seen it (probably some where in Alton Bay. Thanks!

Rattlesnake Gal
08-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Have you called Marine Patrol? If there is no telephone number on something that I have found, MP is my first call. Good luck! I hope it finds its way back to you. It sure was windy!

rgilfert
08-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Many thanks go out to Rattlesnake Gal from my son-in-law & myself!!!! Once I read her post, I was embarrassed to admit that the thought of calling the marine patrol never crossed my mind. Once I called they gave me the number of a 91 year old gentleman living on Keniston Island who had fished an inflatable raft out of the lake yesterday morning while kayaking around the island. We immediately contacted him and arranged to meet this afternoon and were thrilled when it turned out to be ours! After an exhaustive search for the raft yesterday I have to admit that I was a little torqued off at the thought that someone may have found and kept it for themselves. This 91 year old gentleman restored my faith in mankind! Thanks again RG!