PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds Problem - Junk Email

webmaster
03-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Several of you who posted ads in the Classifieds have notified me that you received a strange junk email through the blind response feature. The email is from Janet & Jeff Karba, Refugee Camp, Cote D'Ivoire Abidjan. A "blind" response allows someone to reply to your ad without knowing your email address.

The Classifieds do not reveal your email addresses to visitors and they can not be "harvested". To send these emails "Janet & Jeff" had to step through each ad and manually enter the information into the blind reply fields. This is impossible for me to prevent.

The only thing that you can do is delete and ignore it like you would any spam or unsolicited email. Never reply to them since they will then have your email address.

Usually these kind of assaults run their course and go away. That will most likely be the case here as well but until then rest assured that they DO NOT have your email addresses (unless you included it in the text of your ad) and I do everything possible to protect your identities and personal information.

Don

Text of message:From Janet & Jeff Karba
Refugee Camp
Cote D'Ivoire Abidjan

Assalam aleikoum!

We know that this mail may be of a surprise to you.And it is our desire to resettle in your country once we are through on this transaction,Because it is so terrible living in another country as a refugee.

Its our pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my brother Sammuel intend to establish in your country.

Though, We have not meet before but I believe We can confide on you for a brighter future as we know that you are a almighty fearing person.

There is this huge amount($3.600.000.00) which our late Father kept for us in the Security Company in Abidjan Cote D'ivoire in west africa before he was assasinated by The REVOLUTIONAL WAR LORDS. Now I and my brother decided to invest these money in your country or any where safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons.

We want you to help us claim and retrieve these fund from the Security company and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:

1). Telecommunication
2). Transport Industry
3). Five star hotel
4). Real estate business etc,

If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer you 10%
Of the total fund.
Please do give an urgent reply to our private Email:
(removed)
We await your soonest response.

Respectfully yours,
Samuel & Janet Karba.