PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon cleaner

Happy Gourmand
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I see a few products on the market, Toon Brite and some others. Any suggestions on how to keep the pontoons looking good? I'm looking for something that could be used at a sandbar that won't hurt the environment.
Anybody with experience with different products?

ishoot308
07-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Scotch Brite pads do a great job for me as long as you don't like shiny toons. They do a great job of cleaning the dirty water marks easily and give your toons a satin like finish. I have been using them for 5 years now with no complaints.

Dan

chasedawg
07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I see a few products on the market, Toon Brite and some others. Any suggestions on how to keep the pontoons looking good? I'm looking for something that could be used at a sandbar that won't hurt the environment.
Anybody with experience with different products?

The manufacture and/or your dealer of your new boat should have treated it with Sharkhide. You would not have to clean it for a couple of years. I was advised by Channel Marine to treat it and I did. It gives a great appearance and the scum does not stick to it.

The best way now to treat it is to have your dealer or do it yourself when your new boat is out of the water.

Go to www.sharkhide.com to learn more. Most high end pontoon manufactures offers it as an option.

Happy Gourmand
07-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, it does come with a tube glaze/wax on it but I was looking for something that would make it look brighter, not necessarily polished as I think that a polish would be hard to maintain on aluminum, but perhaps something in between.
I have seen some that are mirror shiny but I don't need another full time job.