PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner sonar shot of the Lady

Diver1111
06-28-2013, 11:30 PM
New sonar unit-better shot than what I could ever get with the Humminbird.

upthesaukee
06-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Back in my youth, and we are talking about the very late 1950's to about 1965 or so, my folks had a trailer in the trailer park across the street from Lyon's Den in Glendale.

We used to go out, 3 or 4 of us and dive The Lady probably at least a half a dozen times a year. Mostly with SCUBA, but some times for just a quick look, we would snorkel.

We would anchor just off the wreck (no gps, just two points on Belknap Pt and Pig Island, and one of the docks and a house on Lockes...hit it every time), and put a flag up on the boat and another one on an inner tube that we would tie off to the bottom at the wreck.

Your image just reminds me so much of diving down right on top, and how She looked as we descended down. Thanks for sharing. Clarity is unbelieveable.

Aqua-andy
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Speaking of the lady. The year before last I was diving her and there was a tape measure ran the length of the wreck. When I surfaced there was a pontoon boat rented from Dive Winnipesaukee with four college students on it. After talking to them I found out one of them was doing her archaeological thesis on the lady. I have not seen anything but have searched some and at Dive Winni they had no idea about it when I asked. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it.