PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle in Lakeport on Saturday

donnamatrix
02-22-2005, 11:19 AM
We saw a mature bald eagle in Lakeport on Saturday. It was flying above the intersection of Elm Street and Union Street, near the dam/bridge. It was a pretty BIG bird, with full white head and tail. We pulled to the side of the road on Elm, into the entrance for the Expo Center to get out and watch it. It circled for a while, then flew south, out over Paugus Bay. It was such fun to see it. At first we thought, because of the size, it was a turkey buzzard, but the white head/tail were so distinct ... a dead giveaway!

BBS2
02-22-2005, 01:34 PM
This fall, I was sitting in our living room reading. We have three picture windows that look out over the Broads. I looked up when I saw something out of the corner of my eye to my west. I got to see a Bald Eagle come from the west go to the east at about 8-10 feet above the water. It was breathtaking! I will never forget!! cool :coolsm:

tricia1218
02-25-2005, 06:10 PM
During the summer out on Paugus Bay near big island, I saw a bald eagle. The wing span is amazing!

warren
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
a buddy of mine works for public service and told me about the eagle cam, check it out. nu.com

spotsink
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for passing this link. I tried to check it out today but there is not much to see after dark... The photo gallery is very interesting along with the wealth of information on Eagles available on this site. The direct link is www.nu.com/eagles/default.asp :rolleye2:

ApS
03-15-2005, 08:12 AM
A few sentences from today's article:

"ATKINSON -- With the help of Atkinson's Dennis Krause and his high-powered Swarovski spotter scope, the New Hampshire Audubon Society has found a record 75 bald eagles spending their winter in the state...the society has made mid-winter counts of wintering bald eagles in January since 1981...
Chris Martin, the senior biologist who coordinated the effort, said the counts 'indicate that these magnificent birds are finding ample, healthy winter habitat in New Hampshire.'

"In 1982, he said, there were only two bald eagles wintering in the state."

http://www.eagletribune.com/framesets/news.htm
:look:

Rattlesnake Gal
03-15-2005, 08:34 AM
That certainly is a dramatic increase in population. I hope it continues to soar! They are magnificent, awe inspiring birds.