PDA

View Full Version : SeaDoo 2004 GTX 4Tec error code.

braunbayboater
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
I have 2 2004 SeaDoo GTX 4 tec PWC's and I am having an issue with one of them. The check engine light comes on after a few minutes. The error code is P 1202 which says it's an oil pressure issue. I changed the sensor (switch) near the front of the emgine and the problem remained, I had the dealer replace the other rear switch (I couldn't get at it with my tools) and we still have the error code. From what I can read it is probably an oil tank venting issue (there is pressure when I open the cap). ANyone on the forum have any advice for me?? It's a real hastle to take it out of the water to go to the dealer for him to try to duplicate the code.

Thanks

Knockers
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Seems like your on the right track. This is what I found. (Sorry 'bout the cut & paste)
p1202

Description :
Oil tank pressure switch implausible or blow-by valve still closed.

Possible cause:
Damaged oil pressure switch, blow-by valve failure, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged ecm pins.

Service Action:
Check for 1.27 to 2.47 ohms between terminals.
Check if TOPS is connected to wiring harness.
Check resistance at 0 RPM and above 3500 RPM. At high RPM the resistance should be clost to 0 ohm.
Check for 12 volts on pin 1 of blow-by valve.

chipj29
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I was having the same issue last season. Changed both sensors which fixed the problem. However, I did not have any pressure probs. Sounds like you have a bad check valve somewhere.

braunbayboater
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
to see if I could relieve the pressure I drilled a hole in the cap and it did release the pressure but it blows off some oil but the check engine does not come on. I realize I can't run it like that - does anyone know where the vent is or what is supposed to vent the pressure off?

AC2717
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM
with you saying that I would look into a new cap, if it is a vented cap. But there is definatley way too much pressure in there

braunbayboater
07-27-2012, 07:14 PM
The cap is non-venting but there must be a vent someplace that is not opening or is clogged or something.

SIKSUKR
07-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Makes me wonder if there is some form of PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve on the engine that might be plugged.