PDA

View Full Version : Fast Moving Storm 7/24 Noon

Pricestavern
07-24-2012, 11:41 AM
A fast moving thunderstorm raced down the length of the lake today around noon time. Very pronounced rain curtain with strong winds. Pea-sized hail fell here on the broads-side of Rattlesnake island. A bit cooler now and blue skies expanding from the north. Hope everyone enjoyed the show and there were no accidents.

RLW
07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Up here on Alton mountain it only lasted about 20 minutes of heavy rain and some thunder and lighting. We did get one (1) loud clap and sharp streak of lighting that appeared to hit next door. No wind on our side of the lake, out in the center and other side there were some white caps.:)

Old Hubbard Rd
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I was out running with my dog today. When I left it was perfect. 3 miles into my run and coming around Cummings Cove the weather changed so quickly. I heard tree limbs snapping and had to grab the dog and run for cover under someones garage over hang. Thought for a second that I was going to need to knock on the door and ask for shelter. Pretty scary!! Then the wife drove by slowly looking for us.

Just Sold
07-25-2012, 05:39 AM
We left Cummings Cove in Meredith and went to Alton Bay before the storm. Great ride over but after going to Amie Lyn's we had to quickly cover the boat. The wind was fierce and we watched the white caps increase and come down the Bay with sheets of rain following. Weathered the storm on Amie Lyn's porch. Rosie did not enjoy the thunder though. The ride back to Meredith was rough and very windy.

Hey, Old Hubbard Rd we are staying on Old Hubbard Rd near you. Love the area.