PDA

View Full Version : July 4th: Evening Thunder Storm on the way

Resident 2B
07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Folks, if you are out there, it looks to me like a serious thunderstorm is on the way. Potential for short duration winds up to 70 MPH if it holds together. It looks to hit at about 6:30 PM northern lake, 7:00 PM in the Alton area.

R2B

tis
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
THanks for the warning. We will keep an eye out for it.

ITD
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
It's a rumbling and lightning in Center Harbor/ Moultonboro area right now....

Lakesrider
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Getting dark and lots of loud thunder....Batten down the hatches.:eek:

Resident 2B
07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Two people struck by lightning on Hillcroft Road nea the Weirs. Very active scene.

R2B

Frank
07-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Any word on the fireworks displays at Meredith and Laconia? Looks like more t-storms are rolling in. Will they postpone?

BroadHopper
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I was racing the storm at 45 when a huge tritoon pass me as if I was standing still! WOW! I never knew pontoons were that fast!

He was so close to my boat, the spray douse me and my passengers.

fpartri497
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Folks, if you are out there, it looks to me like a serious thunderstorm is on the way. Potential for short duration winds up to 70 MPH if it holds together. It looks to hit at about 6:30 PM northern lake, 7:00 PM in the Alton area.

R2B

as usual WMUR TV blew this storm way out of proportion. ten Mn. at most In west alton

:rolleye2:

upthesaukee
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
...Town of Tilton had some extensive damage caused by winds...NWS also had warnings out about high winds and quarter sized hail...depends on where you were at when they passed through.

Resident 2B
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
When I made the original post, it looked like it was going straight towards the middle of the lake. Instead it ended up a bit more to the west, pretty much following I-93. It was very intense and was moving quickly. I felt it was reasonable to let people that may not have been paying close attention to the weather, with all the holiday activities and such, know what was going on.

R2B

Winnisquamguy
07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
as usual WMUR TV blew this storm way out of proportion. ten Mn. at most In west alton

:rolleye2:
I have no power and have not had any since 8 last night oh and I have a tree on my garage. Your right they blew this one!!

ITD
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Actually R2B, the storm it Center Harbor pretty hard with heavy rain and intense lightning, I would not have wanted to be out there during that storm.

upthesaukee
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
We watched the storm on Accuweather's app on my Droid, and it looked like it was going to stay north of lake. We headed back to Parker Marine, tied up the boat and left it uncovered, planning to go out later to the Wolfeboro fireworks. House is 5 mins away. Were going into the house and heard thunder, checked the radar and saw that it was at Laconia-Merideth and points N-W. Back into the car and covered the boat. Talked to a fellow boater for a few minutes, and then back to the house. As we were pulling into the garage, it started to rain. Fast moving rascal, it was. NWS said it was moving at 35 MPH. Good thing it was after sunset...it may have got a ticket ! :D