PDA

View Full Version : Weather for the 4th

MStudley
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey all, first post here.

I've been hoping to spend Tuesday night and Wednesday on the lake aboard my boat, but it doesn't look good. Lots of thunderstorms from the 1 - 2 punch of a warm front then a cold front... What do you all think? I was hoping to see some fireworks from the lake. :confused:

Belmont Resident
07-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Hey all, first post here.

I've been hoping to spend Tuesday night and Wednesday on the lake aboard my boat, but it doesn't look good. Lots of thunderstorms from the 1 - 2 punch of a warm front then a cold front... What do you all think? I was hoping to see some fireworks from the lake. :confused:

I wouldn’t worry too much, it doesn’t look like a washout and chances are if you alter your plans the weather will change as well.
I’ve been watching the weather because we start a short vacation tomorrow through Sunday; last week the forecast had this week looking crappy on Monday and Tuesday then rain on Friday and Saturday. Now there is no rain at all except for possible thunderstorms.
Honestly I don’t want to see rain either but we do need rain, it has been a while since we have had any beneficial rain for the lawns.
Besides thunder storms are not that bad, just hunker down in a sheltered cove, make sure your anchor is set good and ride it out. We do all the time while watching others scramble to get back to the dock.
Enjoy the 4th.

JDeere
07-03-2012, 05:38 AM
I follow this guy for weather and find him to be very accurate. His comments for the 4th.................

The 4th of July looks like a wild event coming up for the Northeast. The new NAM has a complex of storms going from the eastern Great Lakes to New England with additional storms developing along the cold front in its wake. It seems to me that we are going to have another round of wind damage across the Northeast.

Henry Margusity
AccuWeather.com severe weather expert.

Phantom
07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
The one thing that I have learnt through the many years of coming to the Lake is ....

There is NO weather forecast issued that accurately (or remotely accurately) predicts the weather for Winni. The Lake seems to have it's own weather pattern.

Grab your cooler (soda's of course :liplick:), put on the tanning lotion .... with an "eye to the sky"and your "Smartphone" handy with the Weather Channel active radar loop............. Enjoy ...... It's Summer !!

MStudley
07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks all for the replies. Me and the fiancé ended up sleeping onboard the boat until I woke up with a start around 2am, checked the weather, and had us book it back south with a line of storms less than an hour away. I just wasn't willing to risk it in a Catalina 22.

Had a pretty good today on the lake until the storms showed up again!