PDA

View Full Version : Gillan Marine...Simply the Best on Winnipesaukee!

Sunset View
06-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Had a major problem with our Ski Boat a few weeks back. Brought the boat to Gillan Marine....the boat was repaired, returned and is now running in top form. That might not seem like much,but, our engine needed to be removed to get at a drive shaft (V-drive wakeboard boat)a major job for sure..........what wasn't expected was a bill that was more than fair for the work performed. Ernie Gillan, the owner communicated with us all through the process and gave us comfort that the repairs were being handled by experts. I have to tell you, there may be better marinas on the lake, there may be better mechanics too, but for our money, no one compares to an owner operator like Ernie Gillan or his wonderful team. If you have boat troubles or are looking for that new boat, you owe it to yourself and your wallet to visit Gillan Marine, they're "simply the best" on Winnipesaukee. These are fair, good, ethical and highly professional people.......no games here, just honesty and caring for the customer!!

Nice job Ernie Gillan & Team,

THANK YOU!

Rattlesnake Gal
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Another great story about Gillan Marine!

When the time comes for a new boat, they will be our first stop. :D

lake4life
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
I'll echo the kudos for Gillan & Co. Having purchased a new boat from them back in 2008, they have provided good service ever since. That's why I continue to go to them despite keeping my boat in Meredith.

Dogberry01
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
We walked in there today to purchase a boat trailer and the woman behind the counter said that there is no one here today to help us? How can you do business like that?

RLW
08-24-2012, 05:24 PM
We walked in there today to purchase a boat trailer and the woman behind the counter said that there is no one here today to help us? How can you do business like that?

I am a very satisfied customer of Gillan's, but have had some issues this summer with prices for repairs twice as much as quote and I went and got the parts for them and they took a long time to just clean carburetors and put back together (over a month). There is still an out standing issue with them that has been in the works for over 3 months regarding a extra accessory for a 46K boat that was bought from them last spring. I guess they have done enough business this season so they can slack off, like taking today off so they could not sell a trailer.:) I will continue to give them my business but will request dates and costs from them to complete issues that they are doing for me.

Belmont Resident
08-25-2012, 04:33 AM
I am a very satisfied customer of Gillan's, but have had some issues this summer with prices for repairs twice as much as quote and I went and got the parts for them and they took a long time to just clean carburetors and put back together (over a month). There is still an out standing issue with them that has been in the works for over 3 months regarding a extra accessory for a 46K boat that was bought from them last spring. I guess they have done enough business this season so they can slack off, like taking today off so they could not sell a trailer.:) I will continue to give them my business but will request dates and costs from them to complete issues that they are doing for me.

RLW
Did you ask for and get an explanation for the additional coat for repairs?
I also have had this happen to me, not on a boat but my truck. When the service person was done breaking down the repair as far as unexpected parts and labor to install then I was satisfied.
Many times a quote is in fact an estimate and things do change, I find that communication is key at least for me.
As for the trailer, that sounds odd. Did the person give an explanation, like some one is out sick today and they would be back tomorrow? Did you inquire or just assume they did not want the business?

enjoy while we can
10-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Did the carburetors come from your boat you bought last spring? What kind of boat did you buy from them?