PDA

View Full Version : Moultonboro Snowmobile Club Trail Work

VitaBene
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
We have started our trail work and are trying to get a good sized group of volunteers to help out next Saturday October 15, 2011. We are planning on starting at 0800 and finishing around 230PM. The club will be providing drinks and lunch for all who help.

Please consider joining us. It really takes a lot of person hours each year to get ready and we need help. The work generally involves cutting and dragging brush. We meet at our garage on Highway Garage Drive in Moultonborough (about a half mile down the Neck Rd on the left)

Thank you for reading!

John

HomeWood
10-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I wish I could help with this, but I am never up this time of year.

Just curious, but how do you get around the trails? I can't imagine walking all of that with tools.

Lakegeezer
10-08-2011, 06:03 AM
With so many fall chores to do - it will be difficult for many to make this date, although I will try. Are there other dates planned for work crews before the snow (hopefully) starts to fly? What are the work items that need to be done this year?

VitaBene
10-09-2011, 05:24 AM
I wish I could help with this, but I am never up this time of year.

Just curious, but how do you get around the trails? I can't imagine walking all of that with tools.

We have a Polaris 6x6 Ranger that allows us to get around. It really allows us to cover ground.

With so many fall chores to do - it will be difficult for many to make this date, although I will try. Are there other dates planned for work crews before the snow (hopefully) starts to fly? What are the work items that need to be done this year?

LG , a few people go out every Sat at 8. No huge projects this year, but we deferred a lot of overhead brush cutting last year. We also put up a lot of snow fence to keep riders on the trail.

We are always looking for people that help with their expertise as well as brawn. Web design, acountant, etc.

townsde
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I am planning to help out on Oct 15. What tools should I bring? Chain saw, lobbing sheers, tree trimmer?.

VitaBene
10-11-2011, 04:18 AM
I am planning to help out on Oct 15. What tools should I bring? Chain saw, lobbing sheers, tree trimmer?.

Thank you! We have a pretty good supply of tools but all of the above would be welcomed.

WINNOCTURN
10-14-2011, 01:46 PM
We have started our trail work and are trying to get a group of volunteers to help out tomorrow, Saturday October 15, 2011. We are planning on starting at 0800 and finishing around 230PM. The club will be providing drinks and lunch for all who help.

Please consider joining us. It really takes a lot of person hours each year to get ready and we need help. The work generally involves cutting and dragging brush. We meet at our barn on Highway Garage Drive in Moultonborough (about a half mile down the Neck Rd on the left).

Thank you for reading and I hope to see some of you there!

Regards,

John

John Harrington
President
Moultonboro Snowmobile Club
moultonborosmc.org

VitaBene
10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
We had a good day out on the trails. Thank you to all that pitched in. We were able to get much of the East trails (Suissevale to Severance Rd) completed.

Townsde, it was great meeting and working with you!

RLW
10-15-2011, 07:01 PM
There is no better place to meet new people/friends than on a work party that is going to benefit themselves and the rest of the people that will enjoy your labor for the sport/projects.
Enjoy your labor of love this snowy season..:)