PDA

View Full Version : What happened at exactly 9.04 UTC today?

SteveA
09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
... and it wasn't the satellite falling to earth.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/september-equinox.html

Bye-Bye Summer! With the 4 hour offset, Fall arrived at 5.04 EDT today. ( I think I have that right... but I messed up the whole "odds of being hit by the satellite.) :rolleye1:

Argie's Wife
09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
That's one depressing post, man.... :(

I want summer back! :coolsm:

Pineedles
09-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Temps still look kinda warm. I think it will be a mild winter, due to other factors.:)

upthesaukee
09-24-2011, 09:15 PM
...We saw the sun trying to poke through the clouds, gathered up our stuff and headed for the boat. Nice run out to West Alton for gas, ran over to Hull Is and Blueberry Is looking for eagles, and saw one. Then we went over to Braun Bay, only three other boats there. Had lunch, went in the water (warm), hung out til after 430. We were the last to leave. Lake was almost flat calm. Quite a few boats out in the broads. Great day, and hoping for another one tomorrow and Monday. :)

Fall??? Thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp (that would be as close to a "raspberry as I can get:laugh:)

webmaster
09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
The September equinox may have occurred on Friday but my personal equinox happens when they take in the tables at the pier. That is a sure sign that fall is upon us.

This morning they took in the picnic tables :(.

secondcurve
09-28-2011, 06:06 PM
That's one depressing post, man.... :(

I want summer back! :coolsm:

Not really. Look at it as one day closer to spring! It's all in your perspective.