PDA

View Full Version : Lightning at 5 am this morning.

Webbsatwinni
09-05-2011, 07:35 AM
What a great front row seat we had for the lightning, it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Anyone else wake up to watch (not sure there was a choice to wake up or not)

Argie's Wife
09-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Yes! It was about 4:30a when I saw a light show going on in the sky. Lots of flashes - my mom always called it "heat lightning" (not sure if that's a correct term for it) - but anyhow, it was interesting to watch. A quick storm followed it and it had all passed by 7a.

IslandRadio
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
What a great front row seat we had for the lightning, it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Anyone else wake up to watch (not sure there was a choice to wake up or not)

Not sure what side of the Island you're on, but over here on the South-West side, it was rather incredible ! No direct hits here, but PLENTY of RAIN!

Much earlier (within a couple of hours after sunset - don't remember the exact time), there was a tremendous bolt that hit somewhere on the mainland, in what looked to be Gilford. That was a biggie!

tis
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know if it was the storm this morning or the forecast but we got back from a boat ride just before the rain and it sure is quiet out there! I guess everyone went home early. I think the air has changed since the afternoon shower too. It feels a lot cooler to me.

Barney Bear
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
The pre-dawn electrical storm was fantastic. Lots of lightning, thunder, and rain. At dawn, rays of light beamed upward as seen from East Bear Island.

GTO
09-06-2011, 11:29 AM
the thunder woke us all up at around 5:30 and we all sat in the living room staring at the skies. Bright flashing lightning.....awesome. Best show of the summer