PDA

View Full Version : Jon's Roastbeef & Deli for boat sandwiches

KennyOfTheLake
07-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Just want to put it a good word (again) for Jon's Deli. They open at 9AM on Saturday which makes them a great choice to get sandwiches to take on our boat. When I mentioned that's what we were planning to do, they packed everything up in a heavy zip-lock with individually wrapped pickles, chips, wet-naps and napkins. Anyway, I thought this was an especially nice touch. And oh, I love their "cruiser".

MarkinNH
07-31-2011, 08:29 AM
And Jon's Roastbeef & Deli is located where ?

KennyOfTheLake
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
It's on Union Ave in Laconia, near the intersection of Lakeshore Drive (Rte 3). Near Shaws, Lowes and CVS.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jons-roastbeef-and-deli-laconia

jrc
07-31-2011, 07:30 PM
That is a favorite of ours. Great pastrami, BLTs, and of course roast beef. You can't leave hungry. Never though about getting some take out for the boat, great idea!

LongBay
07-31-2011, 10:45 PM
We like Jon's Roastbeef too! We've been going there for years. My favorite is the Roast Beef Sandwich, toasted with horseradish mayo.

sa meredith
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Great spot for lunch...but, on a busy traffic day, can be a difficult parking lot to get out of.
I can't be the only one who noticed this????

LongBay
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I frequent the place often and have had no problem finding a parking spot or driving into and out of the parking lot.

KennyOfTheLake
08-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Oops, when I made my original post I didn't realize that the 9AM opening is on weekends only. Otherwise it's 10:30.

As we all know, getting out on the Lake early is most important on weekends so I appreciate the early opening. And they have breakfast sandwiches too that I haven't tried. Yet.

pats fan
08-02-2011, 05:30 PM
May have to try Jon's to do a taste test! We always go to Weirs The Beef in The Weirs and love it. Would be kind of fun to have someone else to compare to. :)

mets3007
08-06-2011, 11:38 AM
When I used to go to NH Jon's was always a stop for us for lunch when we got there, but now I moved to Minnesota so the chances of me going back to NH are slim to none, I miss Jon's and all the other places.

nesun326
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Just want to put it a good word (again) for Jon's Deli. They open at 9AM on Saturday which makes them a great choice to get sandwiches to take on our boat. When I mentioned that's what we were planning to do, they packed everything up in a heavy zip-lock with individually wrapped pickles, chips, wet-naps and napkins. Anyway, I thought this was an especially nice touch. And oh, I love their "cruiser".

Same happened with me today on my first visit. The subs were fantastic! Fresh cold cuts, fresh rolls, etc. When I asked how long it would take; only because I had my dog with me, and would have to wait in the car, he told me they would bring it out to the car for me! Really?? I'll be going back here every time we go boating!!!