PDA

View Full Version : Wolfe City Pizza disaster service!

crownline_guy
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
We went there by boat tonight expecting to get some takeout and eat at the docks. When we arrived and placed our order at 6:15, they told us it would be 45 min which is way too long for any takeout pizza. We decided to wait and walk around. When we came back at 7 to get the pizza we were told they were behind and it would be at least twenty minutes more but they seemed really unsure as they couldn't even find the ticket with our order. There was no manager on site and the restaurant was being run by "deer in the headlights" teenagers. They had no idea how to handle the disaster unfolding and offered no satisfaction or a way to get us our food. Any owner who has no clue how to staff or care about customer service does not deserve our patronage. We salvaged the night with a sandwich from the main street grille and crepes from crepes ooh la la, both of which are always excellent. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this pizza place until they know how to handle customers. I'm sure it will get worse as the tourists arrive.

Heaven
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I think they probably need a second pizza oven, or the take out at some other location

natureboy79
07-02-2011, 04:54 PM
The pizza has been awesome when we have gone. I'm sure they were probably overwhelmed as the business is busier than normal being 4th of July weekend,on a Friday, during a dinner rush.

mg2107
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Give them a break impatient tourists.

VitaBene
07-03-2011, 05:23 AM

The original 45 minutes is patient, waiting an hour for a pizza is being a saint.

mg2107
07-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Not on the 4th of July weekend in Wolf City .

KTO
07-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Just to clarify...

The Titanic was considered a disaster...

Your experience...get over it. July 4th weekend; they made a mistake. Life happens.

nicole
07-04-2011, 01:42 PM
My husband and I had a great experience there a few weeks ago-good pepperoni pizza and very friendly employees. Of course it was not on a holiday weekend but it was on a Friday and pretty heavy business with no problems.

Barbara
07-05-2011, 01:22 PM
The original post made me sad. Wolfe City Pizza is a brand new business that just opened in early spring. It is owned by an experienced and respected person who has owned and operated a number of Wolfeboro restaurants in the past. We locals have loved it since it opened and the kids working there do a great job. July Fourth weekend is the most insane weekend of the year in Wolfeboro. Service in any restaurant in town should not be judged on this weekend, particularly a restaurant that is experiencing it's first one.

If I go to a restaurant for the first time and have an unsatisfactory experience, I wouldn't dream of writing a negative review about it. I would simply not go there again. If I tried a place numerous times and had consistently bad service, then a bad public review would be appropriate.

Hermit Cover
07-05-2011, 04:27 PM
We came, we tried, and we were disappointed. It was the 4th of July rush, there were 9 people at the tables (...one party eating...and one tired of waiting and took two slices off the rack ) two parties and 4 coming in on the front steps. The owner and 5 other people were working on the two pizzas about to go into the "brick oven" there were 2 pizzas in the oven. We were excited...they did not appear to be that busy...but we were told by one of the two nice people at the counter that there would be a wait of at least 1 1/2 hours.........Bye! Having eaten there a half dozen times..the pizza's are very good.....but not 1 1/2 hours good. Did we miss the bus tour waiting in the railroad station parking lot for their order? Maybe this is only a slow-paced weekday stop...but the pizza is well-worth a 20 minute wait some other day!

Jonas Pilot
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
They must sell pizza to go I would think. Any body know? Maybe they were busier than they looked. I'm not sticking up for them for I haven't tried them yet.

Hermit Cover
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Either way...1 1/2 is a long wait. Don't get me wrong, I've eaten there now 6 times....20 minutes to pizza with one on the register and one on the oven. They just aren't equipped for a busy weekend. But here's the fact....I will drive from M-boro any day of the week for one of their pizzas...they are really good...try them!

Heaven
07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Every shop has a limit to how many/much it can serve. The long wait is only a testament to how good the pizza is, having said that, I would wait for another day if the time announced was beyond my patience on a given day, , , there, or anywhere.

Barbara
07-06-2011, 04:04 PM
They have a BIG takeout business. Pre-season they also do home delivery. I'm not sure if they are doing it for the summer. I imagine that could get insane!!

Other grea pizza in the area is at the Pinecone Cafe in Tuftonboro and good but not my first choice is Antony's in Clark Plaza. I am a NJ native and Pinecone and Anthony's are the closest to NY/NJ pizza that I have found in this area.

crownline_guy
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I love the way these post pick on tourists. First, I'm not a tourist. I'm a local taxpayer. We should all remember that these tourists help all our business' survive. There is no excuse for bad service, ever. There should be even less tolerance for management that does not recognize they are in trouble and continue to take orders.

kayleigh
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
We went there by boat tonight expecting to get some takeout and eat at the docks. When we arrived and placed our order at 6:15, they told us it would be 45 min which is way too long for any takeout pizza. We decided to wait and walk around. When we came back at 7 to get the pizza we were told they were behind and it would be at least twenty minutes more but they seemed really unsure as they couldn't even find the ticket with our order. There was no manager on site and the restaurant was being run by "deer in the headlights" teenagers. They had no idea how to handle the disaster unfolding and offered no satisfaction or a way to get us our food. Any owner who has no clue how to staff or care about customer service does not deserve our patronage. We salvaged the night with a sandwich from the main street grille and crepes from crepes ooh la la, both of which are always excellent. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this pizza place until they know how to handle customers. I'm sure it will get worse as the tourists arrive.
curious... Do they make the crepes there? How are they? I make crepes for my family usually in the summer when berries are at there ripe, and I enjoy them. I am wondering is this restaurant a dessert type place, or do they also have other filled crepes like lobster or beef or pork?

Bluebell
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
They make the crepes right in front of you. They make both savory and sweet dessert crepes and the crepes are very good.:liplick:

kayleigh
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
I will have to go there and try them.

mg2107
07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Crownline , I think the word tolerance that you used in your post for a new business ,should be a watch word.

KTO
07-09-2011, 01:41 PM
There is no excuse for bad service, ever.

You're right. Also, everyone should always be perfect always. There is no room for mistakes. One mistake and they should be shut down. I'm surprised they are still in business after your "disaster".

Sounds like a terrible place to eat. I live in Meredith but I might take the ride over just to try it now.

Barbara
07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Crown line_guy, which posts on this thread picked on tourists???? Somehlow I missed them. Anyone I know who lives here, hopes and prays for a strong tourist season for the welfare of our local businesses. We are fortunate to have a thriving town that does not shut down in the winter, thanks to the income made by the businesses during the summer.

nj2nh
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
1. If you have to wait more than 20 minutes for a pizza, no matter where you are, go elsewhere. It does show that the pizza must be fabulous. I have never, ever waited more than 20 minutes for take-out pizza.

2. I have had enough of the ranting and raving about tourists. If it weren't for tourists in the Lake Region, there would be no Lakes Region. Enough already. I get way less bang for my buck when it comes to taxes and I don't get to vote on anything. So, those of you who live there should count your blessings - not only do you get to live in what I consider to be the most beautiful place on earth (and I have been to Alaska, Paris and the Alps), but summer residents pay a good chunk of the property taxes without getting a say in how they are spent. So, please, stop bashing the tourists. You kind of need us. :)

Jonas Pilot
07-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I have read the tread again and I can't find anything that disrespects any tourists. Have I missed something?

Bluebell
07-09-2011, 08:26 PM

This was the only post I could find and it was a very mild comment. Life is too short to stress out over pizza. :)

Heading4thelake
07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Went last night, yes a little slow, young help and all but when I got there it was crazy and they handled it, only thought is the need for a 2nd oven . A older person to make the customer feel that there is control, and after 50 years of pizza in Wolfeboro it's great to get a good pie !

Lakepilot
07-10-2011, 05:42 AM
We were there at 11:30 yesterday. Our pizza arrived 17 minutes after we ordered it. The service overall was fantastic. We were asked more then once if everything was OK and did we need anything. But my preference is still for Louis pizza.

DC Pointer
07-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I have been there twice over the last couple of weeks. The Pizza is very good. I did not have a negative service experience either time, but each time I was in there I could see the potential as the staff seemed very inexperienced although they were very eager. I would expect that with a new restaurant. I think the service and pizza will get better over time. Also, it says 'delivery available' on the menu, but they do not deliver consistently. I will go back. :liplick:

sky's
07-10-2011, 10:16 AM

i second that

nj2nh
07-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I have read the tread again and I can't find anything that disrespects any tourists. Have I missed something?

Someone said, "Give them a break, impatient tourists." I get tired of that after spending a small fortune there every summer and when I get my tax bills. That's all.

I guess I am sensitive since I fill many bashed categories - lawyer, born in Massachusetts, live in NJ and only visit NH. It's tough being me. :D

Barbara
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I was born and raised in NJ and lived there my entire life until moving here 10 years ago. Believe me, life here is very different than in NJ. You turn into a kinder, gentler person living in this kinder, gentler community.

For those of us who live here year round, our lives get more complicated in the summer with the explosion of our population for three months. We know the local merchants need that infusion of revenue and certainly support tourism to our town. Although the majority of the tourists seem to be enchanted by our friendly and very civil community and behave the same way in return, in recent years I've witnessed more frequent rude behavior around town in shops, the market, restaurants, in cars from tourists. That kind of tourist we can do wit out.

valhala
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
We have frequented wolfecity pizza, but on weekdays, and really enjoyed the pizza and service.
That being said, we tend to avoid some of our favorite places during busy summer weekends, unless we have reservations. We have been to a few of our favorites and have noticed some seem to be shorthanded waitstaff. I still see "help wanteds" in the papers for many hotels and restaurants, even though summer is well under way. Too bad.
And I don't think tourists have the monopoly on bad behavior. Unfortunately, I know a few locals who can be just as nasty. :rolleye2:

yourcommonnewenglander
07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I've been to Wolfe City twice, and the pizza has been great both times! Although I did go the night of the Wolfeboro fireworks hoping to grab a pizza beforehand, and the very nice lady at the counter told me the wait would be about an hour. Give them a break though, they're a new business and still figuring things out. I'm sure that in time they will get another oven. Their pizza is excellent, it seems similar to Papa Ginos but far less generic tasting. The staff has been very friendly both times I've been there. With such tasty pizza, a second oven would do them wonders.