PDA

View Full Version : Naswa

CateP
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Best surprise during my week's stay was the Naswa Restaurant. I had dinner there with two other friends. Food was amazing and service was wonderful. (eager young, seasonal waiters and waitresses aiming to please, polite as can be)
I had the lobster ravioli, which was in a cognac lobster cream sauce. It was so good I stopped talking to savor. One of my friends had the Pasta Naz--whole wheat pasta, chicken, pine nuts, broccoli, goat cheese in sundried tomato balsamic sauce. Incredible dish. My other friend had shrimp fettuccini-shrimp, roma tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic in a lemon white wine sauce. He said he LOVED it.

Now for dessert, 80-year old Mrs. Makris bakes her own desserts. I had the pecan and chocolate pie (words can't describe how good it was). My companions shared the chocolate torte. Mrs. Makris came to our table to see how we liked everything. Nice personal touch. You can tell this family cares deeply about pleasing their customers. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Naswa.

NHBUOY
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
...Makris' are good people...The Naswa Restaurant has ALWAYS had great food and a fun atmosphere...always a boat show too...:D

CateP
06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Some friends of mine recently checked out the Naz restaurant and gave it rave reviews too. I think they have a new cook this year from Boston.

Several nice window seats overlooking the channel and looking down Paugus Bay.

VtSteve
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
The Naz is a good place, unique there. I personally love their Caribbean French Toast at breakfast. Free boat rides for guests, as they've done forever.

LongBay
06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
We like the Naz for breakfast too! I will have to make sure I grab a bite there this season.

Waterbaby
06-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Best surprise during my week's stay was the Naswa Restaurant. I had dinner there with two other friends. Food was amazing and service was wonderful. (eager young, seasonal waiters and waitresses aiming to please, polite as can be)
I had the lobster ravioli, which was in a cognac lobster cream sauce. It was so good I stopped talking to savor. One of my friends had the Pasta Naz--whole wheat pasta, chicken, pine nuts, broccoli, goat cheese in sundried tomato balsamic sauce. Incredible dish. My other friend had shrimp fettuccini-shrimp, roma tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic in a lemon white wine sauce. He said he LOVED it.

Now for dessert, 80-year old Mrs. Makris bakes her own desserts. I had the pecan and chocolate pie (words can't describe how good it was). My companions shared the chocolate torte. Mrs. Makris came to our table to see how we liked everything. Nice personal touch. You can tell this family cares deeply about pleasing their customers. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Naswa.

I loved reading your review, Cate! Hope (Mrs. Makris) is truly one of the best people I have met - as are her daughters: Cynthia, Victoria, and Karen. The rest of the family is just as wonderful and gracious as well!

I wish you had had the pleasure of meeting Peter Makris, he was such a wonderful man! He is sorely missed!