PDA

View Full Version : Pizzeria Venti in Meredith

jsn
05-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Found a great new place that had delicious food. We had a "beverage" while we waited for a rectangular pan pizza and timpanini to go. We will be going back.

thegreyghost
05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Been going there since they opened and have found the pizza to be pretty good. It may sound funny, but I think the best pizza in the lakes region is Papa Gino.

diprna
07-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Went to Pizzeria Venti last night. First comment to gentleman taking our order was "we'd love to have dessert first, we LOVE cannolis!" (we were joking). After we paid and were walking to our table we glanced back and said, "Save us 2 cannolis!". We had ordered the goat cheese marinara appetizer and a medium pizza......it was all delicious. We were there very early (5:30ish) and the restaurant started to fill a bit as we enjoyed our dinner. As we were leaving we went back to the order side and my daughter asked the guy "Do you have our cannolis ready?" and he literally advised us there were other orders ahead of ours, we should have paid for them with our dinner and it would take at least 15 minutes to get them for us!!!!! I was like "but you're not cooking them?" as I was standing there trying to pay the man for the darn cannolis. He stood there telling us we needed to wait that length of time after we had at least 2 or maybe more times mentioned at ordering time how much we were looking forward to them after dinner. Probs will not ever return to this place which is unfortunate for this business because we are a family of 5 that spends the summer in the Lakes Region and we love to eat out. Ended up very happy with Wining Butchers cannolis and very friendly service.

donnamatrix
07-27-2012, 11:44 AM
This is a chain and the food is not prepared fresh... I don't particularly like it. Their Caesar salad had oil/vinegar dressing and tomatoes, no croutons. The pizza at Giusseppe's I think is excellent. Also Wine'ing Butcher pizza is excellent, as are all their products. My brother-in-law who lives in VA (which is where Andrew, one of the owners went to school at VT) has bison & steak tips shipped to them in VA!! Evidently, steak tips are not a cut of meat that is sold anywhere in Virginia: grocers or restaurants.

sum-r breeze
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
This is a chain and the food is not prepared fresh... I don't particularly like it. Their Caesar salad had oil/vinegar dressing and tomatoes, no croutons. The pizza at Giusseppe's I think is excellent. Also Wine'ing Butcher pizza is excellent, as are all their products. My brother-in-law who lives in VA (which is where Andrew, one of the owners went to school at VT) has bison & steak tips shipped to them in VA!! Evidently, steak tips are not a cut of meat that is sold anywhere in Virginia: grocers or restaurants.

I second the review of the wine'ing butcher pizza. We had it last Saturday night with friends from Harbor Hill Campgrounds. Excellent pizza, toppings were fresh and the dough looked freshly made too! The steak TIPS there are AMAZING! Fantastic!

The Breeze
Wave "cuz I'll be wavin' back:D

BernerGuy
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm surprised this place is still open. The pizza is decent, but the man who owns/runs the place is not good for the industry. I still go here every now and then, but only at night when there is table service. At least then I can make sure the server has a good night even if the patrons may not.

Happy Gourmand
07-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Went there once. Once is enough. Toppings were barely decent, same with the sauce, but the crust was like something from the frozen food section of the supermarket. And definitely not value priced. I'll stick with Louis' in Meredith, thank you.

wifi
07-28-2012, 08:29 AM
.... I'll stick with Louis' in Meredith, thank you.

Louie's Pizza is good, but oy the prices

CGI3
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Louie's Pizza is good, but oy the prices

Stopped in for a large cheese pie last week...Good "Greek" style pizza but over 15.00 for a lg cheese pie?? .Ouchie!! :confused:

AKADQ
08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I am a big fan of Guiseppes and have even grown to like the new Luise's Pizza(miss the old Luise's Nassis Famous Pizza) and will occasionally go to Meredith Village Pizza.
My wife is at work tonight and I didn't feel like cooking after I picked up my son from football practice. I asked both my boys if pizza was ok and they suggested Guiseppes but I had a different idea, Pizzeria Venti.
This was our first experience and wanted to try something new, :eek:
My thoughts on the pizza was, it was definitely different than all the rest.
My 14 year old said " We've had better frozen pizza at home".
My nine year old thinks pizza is pizza, so it didn't matter to him.
All in all I think there is to many choices in Meredith to get pizza and now I can mark off Pizzeria Venti as, been there done that.
I will stick to my top 3 choices next time...

wifi
09-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Went by the place yesterday, and there is a "For Rent" sign hanging in the window.

BernerGuy
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
It was only a matter of time given the guy who ran this place. Too bad. It could have been a nice spot.

no-engine
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
It was only a matter of time given the guy who ran this place. Too bad. It could have been a nice spot.

Deserves to be closed.... FYI it's a franchised name!
We had several take-outs; my people said they will not last long.

We regret not spending more time at Abodante; I have gift certificate only partially redeemed. Venti takes them at half, but I'll not go back.

Winnisquamguy
09-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Went by the place yesterday, and there is a "For Rent" sign hanging in the window.
You are correct there is a for rent sign but they are still open as of yesterday afternoon.

phoenix
09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I certainly wouldn't wish any business to fail but based on poor reviews on this forum I never ended up eating there

BroadHopper
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
They have my vote! Free delivery too!