PDA

View Full Version : Give me your recommendations, please!

psu1978
10-12-2004, 08:35 AM
I am looking for your 3 favorite restaurants for dinner. We are staying at Church Landing next week for 3 nights. It is just my husband (meat and potatoes eater) and myself (love seafood, meat and potatoes...ok I just love to eat!). Not looking for really fancy...just great food and nice atmosphere.

Thanks for your help! :cheers:

jpcoleman
10-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Canoe, Woodshed and the Lake House Grill at Church Landing are three of our favorites. You might also want to try Mame's or Lago. Don't remember the name but there is a nice little Italian place up on Main St in Meredith too, Abbondanza, or something similar, I think.

camp guy
10-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Since you plan to be in the area for three days, why not take one day and take the drive around the Lake (most easily Rt 25 E to Rt 109 S to Wolfeboro and the Rt 28 to Alton, and then Rts 11 & 3 up the west side. When in Wolfeboro (for lunch) I suggest Garwoods right downtown. This is a totally non-smoking restaurant with a great view of Wolfeboro Bay. After lunch you can walk around town, window shop, and then get back on your tour. I am not really smart about the restaurants on the west side, but Woodshed isn't too far, and it is great. Enjoy your visit.

BroadHopper
10-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Willards at the Weirs has a nice atmosphere and reasonably priced food. Then there is Patrick's Pub in Gilford, on Rte 11. Just across from Sawyers. On Rte 11 in East Alton is the William Tell Inn. I haven't been there in a while, but the food was great. Checques Harbor up in Centre Harbor is under new management and rumours have it, it's fabulous.

Navman
10-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Townsends at the glendale docks has the best steak tips and potatoes around!!

phoenix
10-12-2004, 01:52 PM
woodshed, canoe and coe house

Lake Lady 6
10-12-2004, 02:43 PM
I agree. We are fortunate to have so many restaurants at all levels. My favorites for dinner (in any order) would have to be: The Coe House, Center Harbor; The William Tell, Rt. 11W, W. Alton; and Canoe, Center Harbor. The only restaurant that serves lunch of these three is Canoe.

You would enjoy any of them. I haven't tried the restaurant at the hotel as yet but it is a Common Man restaurant and my experience with any of their restaurants has been great.

Enjoy your visit and dining.

Newbiesaukee
10-12-2004, 06:00 PM
The Lake House Grill where you will be staying is worth a meal. Would also recommend Canoe. The Woodshed has a less "interesting" menu but is a totally enjoyable experience. I also like the Corner House in Center Sandwich.

psu1978
10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks for your responses. There definitely seem to be a few standouts! :liplick: I am looking forward to some wonderful meals.

Rinkerfam
10-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Based on personal experience, I would highly recommend the Woodshed and Karen and Barry's. Based on the advice of several others, I would suggest Canoe as well.

ghfromaltonbay
10-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Just had dinner Sat. night at the William Tell for Oktoberfest and it was great! For the month of October, reservations are a must on weekends due to the special menu (including homemade apple strudel) for Oktoberfest. A great weekday treat (Tues. thru Fri.) is the Early Bird Specials from 5 to 6:30. All the entrees are $9.95 and include the same great salad, basket of bread and side dishes as the regular menu, just smaller portions on the meat, e.g. instead of 3 cutlets on the Wiener Schnitzel, the early bird has 2 which is more than enough. Can't beat the atmosphere or the price!!

Resident 2B
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
PSU1978,

Canoe, the Common Man restruants associated with the Common Man Inn in Plymouth and, if you are up for the ride, the William Tell is a definate at this time of the year.

Enjoy!

psu1978
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all your great ideas. We will be doing alot of driving around...so it is nice that some of the options are out of the immediate area. Now the only problem seems to be that we won't be there long enough to try everyone's recommendations. Guess we'll just have to come back!! :banana:

Counting the days until we arrive at the most beautiful place on earth...

Thanks again!

KPW
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Please note that the Woodshed is closed on Mondays.

MaryS
10-15-2004, 05:52 PM
we have enjoyed the Coe House and Canoe in Center Harbor and The Corner House in Sandwich......(there is limited seating in Abondante in Meredith you may get a seat near the restroom or kitchen...food is average) haven't tried Lakeside in Church Landing but will next time we're at the lake.

glennsteely
10-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Did you forget Maimes in Meredith? I have alwasy loved that spot.

BBS2
11-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Husband and I went to Lakehouse Grill at Church Landing on Saturday. They are trying out the lunch idea and have a great trial menu. Menu was extensive with
plenty of vegetarian options :liplick: Yum! The black beans and the broccoli slaw were tasty,different side dishes. Highly recommended!! :) Price wasn't too bad either. Staff was great. Wine list was nice. Give it a try.

ddemers
11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Woodshed!!!!

Just Sold
11-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Waldo Peppers at the Weirs is great and is open for lunch till 3 PM for fall/winter I believe.Great Hostest/Owner Too! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_VSzeb00146US)

jkjoshuatree
11-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Corner House Inn in Sandwhich is one of the best restaurants in the Lakes Region. Try the stuffed mushrooms. Also has a very good brunch.

hartface
12-04-2004, 10:38 AM
our family gives Canoe all 10 thumbs up!