PDA

View Full Version : Comments on The Manor

KonaChick
10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
We are considering going to The Manor over the Columbus weekend to celebrate a shared wedding anniversary with some dear friends. Any comments about this restaurant would be greatly appreciated :liplick:

Old Hubbard Rd
10-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Is this the place in Holderness. I have not seen life there since the early 80's. I understand it was a nice place back then. I have heard nothing since then.

JDeere
10-04-2004, 02:01 PM
I ate there 2 years ago and the food was HORRIBLE!

I ordered a steak. When it arrived it was gray and cold. Looked like they had steamed it or something. Everyone else’s meal was in the same sorry state.

Who knows maybe it is better now.

shania
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
I would really consider going to the Coe House in Center Harbor.

jeffk
10-04-2004, 09:18 PM
My family went there a couple of years ago. We had a very nice meal and because the room layout is a bit broken up it's a bit quieter than some restaurants that are all one big room. We liked the atmosphere. The prices, however, were some of the highest I've ever paid, ... anywhere. We enjoy eating out and don't mind at all paying for a good meal but our conclusion was that there were other good choices (Coe House, Lakehouse at Church Landing, Grille 25, ...) that offered equivalent food and service for a much more reasonable price. We may go back to the Manor once in a blue moon for a special occasion but it will really be an indulgence.

fasttech
10-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Try the Woodshed in Moultonboro that is a great place with great food.

phoenix
10-06-2004, 10:15 AM
would agree with proior two messages. Why take the risk with the unknown . Would go to Coe House or woodshed.

mcdude
03-04-2005, 07:58 AM
If nothing else they have a wonderful web page ......CLICK HERE (http://www.manorongoldenpond.com/index.html)

http://www.manorongoldenpond.com/images/sideimage/aboutmanor.jpg

Appetizers :liplick:
New England Seafood Chowder
with Toasted Baguette and Tomato Relish

A Salad of Spring Greens
with Maple Roasted Vegetables and Sweet Potato Vinaigrette

Escargot Simmered in Champagne, Roasted Garlic, and Spinach in Puff Pastry

Crispy Magret Duck Breast
with Mixed Bean Ragout and Port Wine Reduction

Tempura Shrimp and Scallops
with Asian Cabbage Salad and Thai Dressing

Wild Mushroom Salad
with Sesame Vinaigrette on a Bed of Mixed Greens

House-made Sorbet Intermezzo
with Champagne

Entrees :liplick:
Boursin-Stuffed Ptobello Mushrooms
with Roasted Spring Vegetables and Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce

Crab-stuffed Filet Mignon
with Lemon Beurre Blanc, Sweet Potato Pancake, and Sautéed Sugar Peas

Veal Franchaise: Sauteed Veal Cutlets in Egg Batter with Fresh Lemon Juice, House-blend Rice, and Fresh Asparagus

Herb-roasted Lamb Loin
with Mint Demi-glace, Fried Asparagus, and Chive Mashed Potatoes

A Roasted Breast & Confit of Maine Duck on a Bed of Creamy Polenta, Glazed Root Vegetables, and Aged Pt Wine Sauce

Oven Roasted Orange Roughy on Toasted Barley
with ****take Mushroom Sauce and Baby Carrots

Dessert :liplick:
Spiced Apple Crisp with Vanilla Glace

Pear Ginger Tart

Chocolate Mint Truffle Tort

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Tort with Caramel Sauce

Banana & Macadamia Tart

Lemon Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Sauce

donnamatrix
03-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I think they still require jackets for gentlemen. The food is unremarkable and overpriced. The place is stuffy and past it's prime. We were totally underwhelmed, and will not return. I would choose Coe House or Canoe in Center Harbor. Even the new Lake House Grill at Church Landing in Meredith. It's right on the water and the food is quite good. The William Tell Inn on the Alton/Gilford line on Rt 11 is also very good food, not dressy, nice owners. The veal dumpling appetizer is to die for!

BroadHopper
03-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree with everyone. The Manor is not to be.
My best bet will be Canoe at Center Harbor.

Diferent subject: Is the Red Hill Inn still open? :confused:

mcdude
03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/531/20scanlasalette-med.jpg The Red Hill Inn is now home to the New Hampshire Music Festival. The building has had an interesting past. Here is a link to some Red Hill Inn History. (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2927&password=&sort=1&cat=all&page=1)