PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile Poker Run.

baygo
01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I would like to organize a weekly Poker Run for sled riders. I need four other locations to make it work. A location must be accessible by snow mobile and must have internet access. Restaurants or bars are likely the best locations.

Each time a snowmobiler visited a designated location the rider draws a playing card. Each Sunday at 10PM the rider with the best poker hand wins $20 certificates to each of the participating location.

Please spread the word of this to other suitable locations and suggest they contact Tavern 27 to become a participating location.

Thanks

magicrobotmonkey
01-13-2011, 06:38 PM
We can be a stop at Burrito Me!

brk-lnt
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
This would be fun to build into a regionalized webapp with the Internet access part. Turn it into a "checkins" style game at each site.

I'd be happy to code/host this if is was beneficial.

hazelnut
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I say we do a loop from Tavern 27 to to HK Powersports to The Lobster Pound to the Bobhouse to the Village Kitchen?

That's one idea. Anyone else? All those places are avid sled supporters in one way or another. I was just thinking about places that had real easy trail access.

baygo
01-15-2011, 11:18 AM
I say we do a loop from Tavern 27 to to HK Powersports to The Lobster Pound to the Bobhouse to the Village Kitchen?

That's one idea. Anyone else? All those places are avid sled supporters in one way or another. I was just thinking about places that had real easy trail access.

I like the folks over at HK but envision this to be something to help the small independent restaurant. I supose that if sleders were to make regular stops at HK, it would leave more room in their tummy when they got to our place:)

I have also received suggestions to include Patrick's, Crazy Gringo, Lyons Den, and The Mug.

I'm thinking that each participating location put up $100 in gift certificates and $25 cash. This would provide for 5 weekly awards of $100 and $125 cash to budget for promotional trail signs.

Interested locations should contact me soon.

jetskier
01-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi all,

I would suggest Crazy Gringo over the Lobster Pound as the trail goes right by that location. Note that we will need good cover to go up there as the tracks are difficult when the cover is thin.

CJs might be an option instead of H&K...if you want to keep it to restaurants.

So, a reasonable loop could be Tavern 27 - CJs - Patricks - Crazy Gringo back to Tavern 27. There is gas at the Citgo station on the way to/from Patricks which might prove helpful.

Just a thought...

Jetskier:cool:

thatleslie
01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.themysticmeadows.com/images/pokerrun2011.jpg

Here are the locations that responded to participate to be a poker run stop. Look for the poster at the locations.
Can anyone help make a snowmobile trail map for this loop?

baygo
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry about the delay. I had a pipe bust and it's been a distraction. I hope to have it all in place by the weekend.

baygo
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Registration form is now online at http://www.baygo.com

Happy sledding:)

Shore Driver
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Neat idea.

Baygo how have you done in general with snowmobile traffic, thus far?

VitaBene
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I just met Ray (Baygo) at the VK delivering signs for teh poker run. He said he has gotten a lot of snowmobile traffic.

baygo
01-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Neat idea.

Baygo how have you done in general with snowmobile traffic, thus far?

Two Saturdays ago we had a top three al-time day. Over half the traffic was sled riders or x-country skiers.

They have come at a moderate pace ever since. This Saturday afternoon I'll be lighting a fire pit and serving drinks outside. We'll see what happens:)

Old Hubbard Rd
01-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Are the restaurants in the poker run all open during the day?? What are their hours of operation?

Chillin & Grillin
01-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Two Saturdays ago we had a top three al-time day. Over half the traffic was sled riders or x-country skiers.

They have come at a moderate pace ever since. This Saturday afternoon I'll be lighting a fire pit and serving drinks outside. We'll see what happens:)

Baygo, Which restuarant will have the fire pit?

Old Hubbard Rd
01-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Tavern 27 will have the fire pit on Sat.

baygo
01-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Are the restaurants in the poker run all open during the day?? What are their hours of operation?

I'm working on creating another page to further elaborate on each restaurant. I wish someone would create and share some type of a map for easiest routes to and from each participate.

Tavern 27 will have the fire pit on Sat.

I'm considering lighting the fire on Friday nights, Saturday afternoons and evenings, and Sunday afternoons.

The pit is actually on the first hole fairway of Jade Trace (par 3 golf course associated with Tavern 27). This allows us to legally quench a thirst with our beverage cart. Please drink responsibly.

Draw the Jack of Hearts at Tavern 27 and get a 75% discount off your tab.

baygo
01-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Week one hand is closed. All cards that have been pulled and submitted to baygo.com are now posted. More cards may have been pulled but not submitted to baygo.com yet. All cards are required to be submitted to baygo.com by 11AM Monday.

Posted Cards can be reviewed at baygo.com, Search for key words "Poker Run"

Week 2 is underway. I am trying to figure out a way to track the size of the groups as they run and which club they belong to. I'd like to make a groomer fuel donation to the club that the biggest group belongs to.