PDA

View Full Version : Meredith Neck Rd trails

Old Hubbard Rd
12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
I live out on Meredith Neck Road and every year I am faced with trailering out with friends(I don't own a trailer) or waiting for Winnipesaukee to safely freeze so I can scoot over onto railroad bed to head north. I was wondering if there has ever been any discussion of trails being added to/from Meredith Neck Rd that would pass only on land and not onto lake?? There seems to be quite a bit of open land out that way. I'm sure this takes many meetings with property owners etc.

VitaBene
12-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I live out on Meredith Neck Road and every year I am faced with trailering out with friends(I don't own a trailer) or waiting for Winnipesaukee to safely freeze so I can scoot over onto railroad bed to head north. I was wondering if there has ever been any discussion of trails being added to/from Meredith Neck Rd that would pass only on land and not onto lake?? There seems to be quite a bit of open land out that way. I'm sure this takes many meetings with property owners etc.

OHR, there are a lot of visions to take the trails completely off of the lakes and ponds of the Lakes Region. I will say it is a huge undertaking both from a land owner permission and funding standpoint. Hopefully it will come to fruition. All I can say at this point is please try to register your machines through your local club, it will help with the funding part.

As an aside, I noticed heading up Parade Rd that there was a sizable tract of land (opposite and somewhat near south Down Shores) that was for sale that has a snomo trail running up the middle of it. Hopefully the new owners will allow the trail!