PDA

View Full Version : Slip Rentals for dog owners?

AllAbourdon
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
We have 2 small dogs that we bring up to the lake with us. They like being on the boat just fine and we always make sure we pick up after them regardless of where we are.

We are looking at some new slip ideas for 2011 and not sure where we want to end up. We would like to go over to MVYC as they allow renters to now have a pet but only allow ONE dog.

Any other places is should be checking? Boat is 28' LOA and the dogs are 5lbs and 9lbs.

ishoot308
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I believe the Gilford Yacht Club is very pet friendly and have heard good things about it. Not far from MVYC either!

Good Luck!

Dan

AkwaMarina
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
We allow members to have pets on their boats. Check us out.
http://www.akwamarina.com/

jrc
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
The Gilford Yacht Club allows well behaved pets.

http://www.gilfordyachtclub.com/contact-us.html

Long Island Baba
10-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Quayside slips are individually owned (like condos) and rentals are available each season. We rented there about 5 years ago and had a dog and there were several other dogs there as well. Not sure if the policy has changed.

There are many rentals there each season. You may want to check with Preferred Vacation Rentals (253-7811) as they handle the bulk of the dock transactions.

Happy boating!

Rag Top Daze
10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Quayside slips are individually owned (like condos) and rentals are available each season. We rented there about 5 years ago and had a dog and there were several other dogs there as well. Not sure if the policy has changed.

There are many rentals there each season. You may want to check with Preferred Vacation Rentals (253-7811) as they handle the bulk of the dock transactions.

Happy boating!

Quayside now allows only owners to have dogs on the property. Something to do with insurance is what we are told

LIforrelaxin
10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
We allow members to have pets on their boats. Check us out.
http://www.akwamarina.com/

AkwaMarina,

I liked your tittle, but when your trying to help someone out, and you have the rules at you marina to help them, I can't say that I would consider that shameless.... It just is what it is.

Now back onto some more information, Try Fay's as well... I know someone that goes in their with a dog.... Not sure if they are doing with out permission... but I know they do it.

Pricestavern
10-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Dogs are allowed at West Alton Marina and you can rent slips by the season.

Dogs must be on leashes when on shore.

Excalibur
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
whats with insurance company's, you can not even have a dog with some policy's. I wish I could have a business that had a model with no chance of losing.

secondcurve
10-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Quayside now allows only owners to have dogs on the property. Something to do with insurance is what we are told

That is likely a convenient excuse.

tis
10-30-2010, 12:12 PM
I thought the same thing when I read that, secondcurve.

Lakesrider
11-06-2010, 11:51 AM
It is a good excuse, but not the reason... We get to know the dogs and the dogs get to know us there. When people bring unknown dogs to the Marina things can happen.
You don't have much room on the dock to move out of the way if a dog snaps at you, especially with children around. As a dog trainer I know that dogs can get very nervous in new environments. Moving boats, reflections off the water, engines starting, people moving around, untrained owners, regular folk thinking you can just reach out and put their hands over the top of a dogs head....bad things happen. So not an excuse. BTW I love dogs. So not my rule. It's an "Our" rule. ;)