PDA

View Full Version : Water Trampoline

HAHLY
09-21-2004, 03:23 PM
I am thinking of buying a water trampoline and I was wondering what other folks experiences have been before I make the plunge. I tried one down in Jamaica a few years back and it didn't have much bounce to it. Is that typical or did I just get one that had been bounced out? Do they last or are they like every other inflatable I have ever owned and find a leak within a month or so? Who makes a good one and whose don't last? I saw one at BJ's last night for $200 but I have my doubts. advice appreciated

Porch Potato
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
For your consideration, I don't know if you have young kids or not, but I would like to relay the following:
One of our relatives was watching her child and another (about 10yrs old) when the kids decided to hide under the trampoline. They did not do this to purposely scare the mom, but rather they were just being kids having a "secret hiding place". Suffice it to say, there was one very traumatized mom and 2 kids in a lot of trouble once they came out to see what the commotion was about.
Other than that, the kids love the trampoline.

Island Girl
09-21-2004, 06:43 PM
I hate how they look out there, but alas, Island Sib bought the BJs one this summer. We only had it out twice because I did not have a proper anchor. We think we should have put a lot more air into is as it was difficult to stand and jump, but then we are a bit older than 15.

the BJs one has a raft to use to climb up onto the trampoline. The newer ones at 2-3 times the price have a ladder. I think we will have to buy a ladder next year.

It was worth the price. I am sure the Rave ones have more bounce, but cost 1-2 K.

robjnh
09-22-2004, 11:16 AM
We bought one this summer and love it. The BJ's one has no space under it so you don't have to worry about hiding. We used cement blocks for anchors and had no trouble.

I would get one now if you are Going to. They have sold soo well I would guess the price will go up. We bought ours for $179 on 4th of July weekend.

HAHLY
09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
We bought one this summer and love it. The BJ's one has no space under it so you don't have to worry about hiding. We used cement blocks for anchors and had no trouble.

robjnh, I never actually saw one of the BJ's tramps up close. Judging from your experience, do you think it will last?

robjnh
09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
robjnh, I never actually saw one of the BJ's tramps up close. Judging from your experience, do you think it will last?
FWIW I think its made nearly as well as the Raves. We used it all year and when I put it away a few weekends ago it looked like new. I can see easily getting 4 or 5 seasons out of it.

The nice thing about BJ's is you can always return it after you look it over.

Rob

Old Hubbard Rd
09-24-2004, 09:33 AM
When I applied for home owners insurance the agent spicifically asked if we had a trampoline. At the time we did not. Now we have one and its out on the lake. I never allow the kids to use it on land as my thoughts are that if it's out on the lake it's not on my property. Is having the trampoline out on the lake a loop hole to the law or am I simply just wishfull thinking??

camp guy
09-25-2004, 08:48 AM
I am NOT a lawyer, but, my guess is that as long as you own the trampoline and have control over it you may be in some sort of liability situation. Naturally, if you have the trampoline anchored off shore (your shore), and a total stranger boats by, stops, uses the trampoline without permission (explicit or implied), gets hurt, and tries to sue you, you may have some leg to stand on based on the situation. My gut feeling is that anything you have places some element of risk into your life, that's why you have homeowner's insurance and personal umbrella insurance. Ask you insurance agent for a more accurate answer (or your lawyer).

Island-Ho
09-28-2004, 12:15 PM
There are some that just don't bounce! I would guess that they are just another type of raft or float. If you want bounce make sure you buy one designed for bounce! :banana:

Senter Cove Guy
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
My brother-in-law just bought a trampoline. The seagulls love it as much as his kids. What are the best ways to keep the seagulls away? They are making a mess on the top of the trampoline?

LIforrelaxin
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
When I applied for home owners insurance the agent spicifically asked if we had a trampoline. At the time we did not. Now we have one and its out on the lake. I never allow the kids to use it on land as my thoughts are that if it's out on the lake it's not on my property. Is having the trampoline out on the lake a loop hole to the law or am I simply just wishfull thinking??

I do believe you are wishful thinking on this one.....

As I believe it is required, you must have your contact information on the float... which provides contact information and proves ownership.... therefore establishes that it is indeed your property, and you are indeed liable.....

Now having said that let me include this disclaimer, I am not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.... so you may want to verify what I am saying.... but I believe that I am pretty close to the mark....

ApS
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
"...What are the best ways to keep the seagulls away...?"

Though this critter doesn't move around, there is "clean" evidence that it appears to be working. About $15 will buy you one of these in a rubbery plastic: