PDA

View Full Version : The Coe House

Kasey
10-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Has anyone been there lately? If so, do you recommend it?:look:

Newbiesaukee
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
We were there several times over the summer. The restaurant is lovely ( ask to sit in the front right room if you go) but the price point is definitely on the high side and, IMO, it is a special occasion type of place. The menu has a selection of all the major "food groups" but it is not a huge number of choices. I do not know if the menu is online.

The food is well prepared and tasty. Portions are reasonable but not large which seems to be the trend in many high end restaurants.

In short, it could make for a lovely evening if this is the type of place you are looking for.

JDeere
10-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I am truly sorry to say I will not return to Coe House. Over the past few years I have gone 3++ times per year and although the food has always been fine the service has consistently been sporadic at best. Last time I was there at end of August the service was so bad I asked for the manager only to be told he did not come in that night. I would go into detail but the bottom line was this was the final straw on bad service AND before someone blasts me for saying this there were SEVERAL tables getting up and walking out. Understand it was really an off night but how many off nights can you have?

rick35
10-03-2010, 03:27 PM
We went with another couple a few weeks back for the first time. The food was very good but pricey. Service was so-so. We had to wait 20-25 minutes before our server came to the table and it was only after we went downstairs and asked the hostess if we had been forgotten. We had. Once the server came everything was fine. Not sure we'll be back. There are so many places to go for a nice dinner we usually go on our first impression about whether we'll be back or not.