PDA

View Full Version : desperately seeking slip

bluewater sailor
09-17-2004, 06:10 PM
I need a slip for my 26 foot sailboat. I know there are condominium owned slips that people will lease out, but I have no idea how to find one or who to contact. If anyone here knows of a slip for lease for next season, please let me know. Thanks.

Silver Duck
09-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Bluewater,

Try the classified sections on this site. I've noticed several slips offered for 2005 rental in the last few weeks.

You might also try contacting the Meridith Yacht Club, or perhaps the Mountainview Yacht Club directly.

Silver Duck

bluewater sailor
09-17-2004, 07:07 PM
thanks duck. I'll try the classifieds. As for Mountainview, unfortunately, they don't seem to have adequate draft in their channel for sailboats.

pmj
09-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I am also looking for my 21 ft sailboat (to be). Did you try Fays?
pmj

pmj
09-17-2004, 07:18 PM
I will have a shoal draft

pmj
09-18-2004, 07:36 AM
One more thing..Ames Farm may be the best solution at this time. We are looking for a mooring or slip but having a terrible time finding one. I am hoping to find a kind landowner who would be willing to rent us water space to apply for a mooring. ;) We will have a 1'11'' draft with CB up.

pmj

bluewater sailor
09-19-2004, 06:39 AM
PMJ, actually they do have some slips at MVYC which would accomodate a boat with the draft you are suggesting. Check the classified, as Duck as aptly suggested and you will find several of these. They are pricey, but apparently not by Winnipesaukee standards. Good luck.

Waterbaby
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
As far as I know, Irwin Marina (in Lakeport) still manages quite a few of the larger places in the area (i.e. MVYC) - I would try calling them and see what they have and if nothing fits, they could always refer you somewhere else. Good luck, it's a frustrating job you have ahead of you!