PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Boat

Formula260SS
08-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Would anyone have the name and number for the Lobster Boat that goes around the lake? I lost his card and would like to contact them.

Thanks

Rag Top Daze
08-03-2010, 07:28 AM
There's a lobster boat???

SAMIAM
08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Why am I paying a supplier from Maine when we have a boat right here?.....silly me.

Redwing
08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Never heard of a lobster boat on the lake. Would love more information, please!

RI Swamp Yankee
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
There's a lobster boat???

Sure. Here is a picture from photo post taken last year by Sunset Bob

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/502/medium/DSC_01011.JPG

hazelnut
08-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Very convenient as we have purchased lobsters from him before. He swings by the Island often and on a couple of occasions we have bought lobsters. One weekend we were about to hop in the boat and make the trek to the car to go to the market etc. and lo and behold the Lobster Boat shows up!!!

Steveo
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
If you are on the Alton side of lake every weekend their is a lobster truck from Maine parked on RT 11 in Farmington. Excellent prices on all sorts of seafood, with lobsters typically priced at $4.99 per pound.

Argie's Wife
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
If you are on the Alton side of lake every weekend their is a lobster truck from Maine parked on RT 11 in Farmington. Excellent prices on all sorts of seafood, with lobsters typically priced at $4.99 per pound.

I have been to the business out of the truck that you posted about but found it to be filthy. I am very careful about what I say about a local business and I'm also careful to support local businesses. However, I found this particular fish market on wheels to be beyond dirty and would not stop there again.

Steveo
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I have been to the business out of the truck that you posted about but found it to be filthy. I am very careful about what I say about a local business and I'm also careful to support local businesses. However, I found this particular fish market on wheels to be beyond dirty and would not stop there again.

All I see is the back of the truck and that just has seaweed and water on the floor but I didn't see any filth unless you are talking about the food itself (which would be bad). Since I only get the lobsters and since they are (filthy) bottom feeding crustaceans it didn't bother me.

captain tim
08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
This is Capt. Tim, owner of Winni Lobster Co. Our phone # is 603 651-7098. We will take orders and we are out on the lake every Saturday weather pending.

SAMIAM
08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Any truck that's hauling seafood is bound to appear a little nasty. Fish juice, shells and seaweed all get pretty stinky but I wouldn't worry about it as long as the product is kept cold. When we're in Maine, we get some great seafood in a couple of pretty funky stores near the docks.
When you walk into Plant's Seafood in Bath Maine, they are cutting and cleaning fish right in front of the service counter........skin and guts everywhere, but you won't find better seafood anywhere.

Rattlesnake Gal
08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
This is Capt. Tim, owner of Winni Lobster Co. Our phone # is 603 651-7098. We will take orders and we are out on the lake every Saturday weather pending.

Love lobster, but not the mess. :liplick: Will you provide pick up service for stinky shells? :laugh:

ClosetExtrovert
11-04-2010, 11:21 AM

$4.99 a pound?! WOW!!!!!!

robmac
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
they still there?

Rattlesnake Gal
07-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Lobster tonight! :liplick: Fresh from The Broads. ;)

They deliver Saturdays on the lake and are on Facebook.

Harry liked how this guy tasted! :laugh:

ishoot308
07-28-2012, 03:25 PM

Lobster tonight! :liplick: Fresh from The Broads. ;)

They deliver Saturdays on the lake and are on Facebook.

Harry liked how this guy tasted! :laugh:

R-Gal;

Just curious, how much are the lobsters from them??

Thanks!!

Dan

barefootbay
07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I wonder where in the lake they set the traps? lol

Rattlesnake Gal
07-28-2012, 06:56 PM
R-Gal;

Just curious, how much are the lobsters from them??

Thanks!!

Dan

It was a bit pricey, but it's a lot cheaper than the gas we would have used to go to the grocery store. :look:

Bear Island South
07-29-2012, 09:18 AM
You should have went to Heaths yesterday for their 1 ton Lobster sale.
I went yesterday morning (by boat) at 9am picked up 10 lobster for $3.59/lb, 1 1/4 pounders (soft shell) they were also selling steamers for $3.49/lb.
Delicious! :liplick:

Mirror Lake's BB
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I wonder where in the lake they set the traps? lol

Don't know where they set the traps, but I do know that they pull the traps when the lake is at low tide.:)

Rusty
07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't know where they set the traps, but I do know that they pull the traps when the lake is at low tide.:)

That's right, and the best time to go clam digging on the Lake is during low tide. Lake Winni has some good mud flats and you can get a couple bushel of them in no time. Just put your hip or chest waders on, grab you favorite clam fork, and dig away. :D

jrc
07-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Well actually you can find lots of clams (or rather mussels) at the lake. A guest of our brought back a whole pail of them he found at the sandbar. I had to explain to him that they weren't really too good.

Of course I never tried them, maybe they do taste good, I only rely on an old forum post for my information. We threw them back.

Shortstop
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I swam under our dock last week, about 12' deep, there had to be a 2-3 foot pile of mussel shells open piled near a post bottom. The top of the post sits a few inches above the water, but hidden under the dock. A mink, I assume, must collect them and sit there eating alllll day. Now that I think of it, we've been missing snacks and a few salt shakers ???

lovetheforum
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
That's right, and the best time to go clam digging on the Lake is during low tide. Lake Winni has some good mud flats and you can get a couple bushel of them in no time. Just put your hip or chest waders on, grab you favorite clam fork, and dig away. :D

Too funny!

Rusty
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I swam under our dock last week, about 12' deep, there had to be a 2-3 foot pile of mussel shells open piled near a post bottom. The top of the post sits a few inches above the water, but hidden under the dock. A mink, I assume, must collect them and sit there eating alllll day. Now that I think of it, we've been missing snacks and a few salt shakers ???

Mink are fussy eaters. They can't eat mussel's without crackers and salt. So it doesn't surprise me that they took the snacks and salt shakers.

They really prefer smoked sweet paprika on the mussels instead of salt, but it's hard for them to find.

Webbsatwinni
08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
We had guests in from Gemany a few weeks back and we flagged down the lobster boat and grabbed a few. It was much better than loading everyone in the boat and going shopping.

It was one of the highlights of our guests trip, they still can't believe that in America they bring lobsters right to the dock.

Great lake service, now we need a beer boat!

JMR
08-03-2012, 12:50 PM
If there was a beer and pizza boat, it would be huge!

brk-lnt
08-03-2012, 12:51 PM

No, it'd probably still have to be a smallish boat so that it could get into all the coves and stuff. Even a small boat could carry a LOT of pizza and beer...

:cool:

captain tim
08-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks to all our loyal customers. We are looking forward to heading out again on the lake Saturday, Aug. 4th. Look for our boat and listen for our bull horn. We will have fresh Maine lobsters and steamers too! You can also call us ahead to place an order and we will deliver them to your dock. Our cell on the boat is 603-651-7098.:)

Webbsatwinni
08-04-2012, 07:54 AM

We taught ourselves to make pizza and on any pizza night on the island, we can make upwards of 15 pies to feed the guests. Last night we made straight up cheese, pepperoni, bbq chicken, buffalo chicken, taco (the all time favorite of the kids) and a breakfast one for this morning.

We bought the stones and supplies at a restaurant supply store and make a whole event out of it. Everyone gets a job (including drink re-fillers for the adults :D ). You start the dough in the am, and by evening you start the pizzas.

We always have too much and make the kids deliver to the island neighbors. IM me and I will tell you how, its easy and you are an island hero.

Island Girl
07-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I was so looking forward to steamers.

cillovely
07-19-2013, 02:33 PM
We taught ourselves to make pizza and on any pizza night on the island, we can make upwards of 15 pies to feed the guests. Last night we made straight up cheese, pepperoni, bbq chicken, buffalo chicken, taco (the all time favorite of the kids) and a breakfast one for this morning.

We bought the stones and supplies at a restaurant supply store and make a whole event out of it. Everyone gets a job (including drink re-fillers for the adults :D ). You start the dough in the am, and by evening you start the pizzas.

We always have too much and make the kids deliver to the island neighbors. IM me and I will tell you how, its easy and you are an island hero.

Whats in the taco pizza? Sounds super yummy.

Ever cook one on your grill? Have to use thin crust but it can be pretty yummy too. I have a stone I use when I make mine, it makes all the difference.

hig
07-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks to all our loyal customers. We are looking forward to heading out again on the lake Saturday, Aug. 4th. Look for our boat and listen for our bull horn. We will have fresh Maine lobsters and steamers too! You can also call us ahead to place an order and we will deliver them to your dock. Our cell on the boat is 603-651-7098.:)

Woo hoo!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

wifi
07-20-2013, 08:52 AM
That quote was from last year....

hig
07-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Doh! :-)

Any idea when he is starting this year?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2