PDA

View Full Version : I had a humingbird land on my head....

Lakesrider
07-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Wish I had the pic to prove it, but it happened. I was sitting at the table on our deck and I heard this droning noise like a big bumble bee. I looked up and saw it was a humming bird. It went about it's business at the flower pots I have on the deck. It disappeared so I thought it was gone. Heard the drone again and it was very close, I felt a little breeze over my head and a second latter it landed on my head. :eek:
It was only there for a second then off it went about it's merry way.
Now that doesn't happen to me very often....:laugh:

Ever hear of that happening?

Dave R
07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
That's cool. Good thing you didn't think it was a big bee and mash it.

Flylady
07-20-2010, 11:10 PM
I had a hummingbird that we actually raised from a baby. It does not go far from my back yard. I like to think that the "hummer" that comes and plays in the water mist from the hose when I am watering, is the same one. Can't really tell but the fact that it will come within a foot or two of me to get a misting leads me to believe it is and it has no problem doing fly by's within inches of my head!

trfour
07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
For a neat thread; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uxYy_Na3w

Thanks Lakesrider!

Terry

The Eagle
07-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Hay!
I'll gladly swap your your "Hummingbird," for my "Hawk!" That darn Hawk kept getting me, again, last weekend too! I hope her young are out of the nest and on their own by this weekend. My head is getting sore! LOL!
"The Eagle"

angela4design
07-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Awesome! (Dave R - LMAO)

garysanfran
07-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I was sitting on my deck about two years ago and a hummingbird appeared about six inches in front of my face and hovered there for about 4 seconds. It was so close I could not only see my reflection in its eyes, there was a drop of moisture glistening on its beak reflecting the sun. Quite a memorable event.

ApS
07-22-2010, 04:44 AM
1) I once lowered my bright-orange coffee mug to be nose-to-beak with a hummingbird. :) :emb:

2) Directly in front of me this summer, a hummingbird inserted his beak into each handle of my bright-orange battery charger clamp. :emb: (And a few days later—did it again). :laugh:

That's cool. Good thing you didn't think it was a big bee and mash it.
The Summer Tanager—a bird that is bright-orange—will make an instant meal of an inquisitive hummingbird! :eek: :(

SIKSUKR
07-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Must be that bright red hair!:laugh: