PDA

View Full Version : Can You Find Pizza In Moultonborough?

BlackCatIslander
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Since Anthony's and its successor closed, there doesn't seem to be any place to get pizza. For us, Meredith seems too far a distance to return with hot or warm pizza. Am I overlooking something closer? Does the North End sell pizza to go?

old coot
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Since Anthony's and its successor closed, there doesn't seem to be any place to get pizza. For us, Meredith seems too far a distance to return with hot or warm pizza. Am I overlooking something closer? Does the North End sell pizza to go?
The Pine Cone Café in Melvin Village is an easy, low traffic drive from Moultonborough. People have spoken very highly of their pizza, although I haven't had their pizza myself.
It is part of the Pine Cone Motel, which is high on the left on Rt.109, at the far end of the Village's tiny business district. Phone 544-3800.

Lakegeezer
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Buckey's has great pizza, but from Black Cat, you might as well go to Meredith. By the way, the Wine'ing Butcher's pizza is worth it! Fresh pizza on Friday's from 3-6 at Heath's in Center Harbor is good if you want to bake your own.

VitaBene
06-28-2010, 07:16 PM
You can get pizza to go at the North End. I admit to being a pizza snob but will say I had high hopes for their pizza (love Canoe and really like the North End's Italian food) but was dissapointed somewhat. Good, not great.

You can get to go pie at Buckey's, Mboro Hometown Grocery, Skelley's, Murphy's.

twoplustwo
06-29-2010, 04:00 AM
next to the laundromat. I think Murphy's pizza is actually quite good, too.

BlackCatIslander
06-29-2010, 05:39 AM
I often go into Murphys for the morning papers and knew that they had food also but didn't realize that they have pizza. We will give them a try.

WakeboardMom
06-29-2010, 08:51 AM
When you try Murphy's I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting a "convenience store" to have good pizza, but they do! "Highly recommend." : - )

hilltopper
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
By the way, the Wine'ing Butcher's pizza is worth it!

We wanted pizza a few Sundays ago and Louis' was closed. As much as I love the Wine'ing Butcher, I was not impressed with their pizza (or their wings, for that matter).

jniff101
06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
The Wine'ing Butcher needs to get a second phone line!! I was paying with a credit card the other day and I had to sit in line for at least 10 minutes and wait because someone was on the phone taking a to go order so they had to wait till they were off the phone to be able to have the card go through. Very frustrating!

neckdweller
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Another option is Artie's in Moultonborough center.

WINNOCTURN
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Another option is Artie's in Moultonborough center.

Artie's is my pick of what is offered in Moultonboro.:liplick: Bucky's would be my second choice.

In the Steak&Cheese wars again, my votes goes to Artie's. :liplick:

WakeboardMom
06-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Holy mackerel...Buckey's is 12 miles from the LI bridge...!! I'd have to want pizza really, really badly...! ;)

Long Island Baba
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Being a nice Italian girl it is against the my grain to buy a pizza when you can make one at home. On occasion I do grab a slice at Murphy's or Skelly's and admit to liking both.

Pizza was a topic of discussion at the hairdresser earlier today. Folks raved about the pizza at the North End. Okay, I broke down and bought one for take-out tonight. The pizza crust was very very good. Crispy as I like it. Purchased the North End - grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and mozzarella cheese. I was pleased. Maybe a bit too much stuff on top though.

Hear their Steak and Cheese pizza is pretty good - shaved steak, alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, plus you can make it a 'bomb' by adding onions, peppers, mushrooms and salami. Maybe next time I'm feeling lazy.

Shore Driver
06-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Corner House Inn has Flatbread pizza on their menu, not sure that will fit the bill but they are not far from M'boro.

Killevippen
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
I live in M'boro and agree that there aren't many great choices for pizza. However, we were recently told to give the Pine Cone Cafe a try. And for what it's worth -- not bad. So we decided to do a take out earlier this week. The food was again decent, but warning -- you're better off going to the restaurant, order, wait and then take home. By this I mean that we ordered take-out, arrived and were told to go to the "take out" area next to the cafe. The take out area is quite nicely done -- fresh, clean, with a menu clearly written on the wall. When we arrived there were two groups in front of us and one person at the counter. Five minutes later, there was only one group in front of us. A little annoying, but OK no we're moving and well, the 8 others at home will just have to wait. Twenty minutes later we were still one group away from getting to the counter. Painfully, we noticed that our food was sitting out on the counter -- ready-to-go! But there was no one helping the one person at the counter.

So all I can say is that I hope the owners fix this situation. We'll give it one more try this summer, but if the situation repeats then that'll be the end of that!

Irrigation Guy
07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
None great but descent. In order of distance from Black Cat: The Mug(by dunkin donuts), Murphy's, The North End, Hometown Market(yet to try), and Arties. You also have Buckey's, and Skelly's but think Meredith is closer for you.

Sue Doe-Nym
07-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Buckey's is ok, the pizza I got the other day was very doughy. If I went there again I would ask that it be well done.

hancoveguy
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
For a gas station/convenience store Murphy's pizza is really good. They do to-go pizza as well. But if you are unsure, swing and grab just a slice to try it. It is really heavy on the garlic, we love garlic.

Oddly enough, Murphy's Mobil is now Murphy's Irving...Go figure

HCG

Redwing
07-26-2010, 09:19 AM
And on Fridays (late afternoon/evening), Heaths offers fresh pizza ready to order with toppings of your choosing. It is quite good, actually, and I confess to being a bit of a pizza snob coming from New Haven. I rarely eat pizza or Italian food in the Lakes Region as a result of the amazing and best Italian restaurants and pizza in New Haven , but must say the Heaths pizza is the only I have ever sampled in the area.