PDA

View Full Version : Buckey's Bike Week Beer Tent

VitaBene
06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
For the first time ever Buckey's will have an outdoor beer (*edit should have called it beverage) tent for the latter part of Laconia Bike Week. I believe that they start next Wed. and continue though the weekend.

I know that Winni Forum member Cristen will be working a few shifts Wednesday and Friday so if you are in the area stop by for a cold one and say hi.

Regardless of where you are or stop, please ride safely!

Lakegeezer
06-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Sounds like the MPD would do well with a sobriety checkpoint tent set up on the corner of routes 25 and 109.

Irrigation Guy
06-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Sounds like the MPD would do well with a sobriety checkpoint tent set up on the corner of routes 25 and 109.

Stirring the pot? Buckey's just needs more space and you would think a beer or two with some lunch is what they are planning as the attendees will be arriving and leaving on bikes. Not like the beer tents at the Weirs when they can spend the day or night in one spot.

Sounds like a good idea to me, I hope the weather is good and all goes well. :liplick:

VitaBene
06-10-2010, 09:36 AM

This is exactly how Bike Week down at the Weirs was ruined. Go down there during Bike Week and you can see a trooper every 30 feet. It is uncomfortable. I have nothing to worry about nor do most other riders. Too much to lose and too easy to lose it when riding if under the influence. It is just uncomfortable to be stared at, so I voted with my feet- now I ride north.

Buckey's will have their usual strict alcohol policies in place. I really should have called it a beverage tent- of course they will be have water as well as a whole assortment of soft drinks. My mistake in calling it a beer tent!

I have not noticed any notices for sobriety check points and I believe they need to post when and where.

Trust me anyone that lives in Moultonborough or the surrounding areas knows that the MPD will be keeping up their usual vigilence and zero tolerance for drunk drivers (I am good with that and fully support them).

Enjoy Bike Week and please ride sober and safely!

offmycloud
06-10-2010, 11:20 AM
No need to get PC and call it a Beverage Tent. Just because it is called a Beer Tent doesn't imply people need to drink a lot. Beer Tent sounds way more festive which that weekend is all about - you named it correctly. I hope you do well.

Cristen
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I will be working in the beer tent on Wednesday, June 16th and Friday, June 18th from 4pm until closing time.

The weather forecast is looking good for Bike Week, so make sure you come by and say hello! :)

LIforrelaxin
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Beer Tent / Beverage Tent, call it what you want... doesn't matter... Buckey's is an established business in Moultonborough. I am sure they have applied for permits and have this all approved. I for one think it is great idea, Bike week brings a surge of business 95% if not more of which is up looking for a good safe time... instead of having a packed bar and having to turn away business the owners of Buckey's have decided to put up a tent so that people on the northern side of the lake can stop in and enjoy.

Take a look at most of the bikers on the nothern side of the lake sometime during bike week.... They are on Cruising full dressers, or nicer sport bikes just out for a good ride. Buckey's is the perfect place to grab a beer, coke, or water and a sandwich while riding around the lake.

The issues that people feel still surround the Wiers area, are caused by a select small number of bikers... who have forgotten what the joy of being a biker is all about.

FYI, I am not a biker, don't own, probably never will.... I have known Hells Angels, guys from a group of Yuppie bikers, and many that lie somewhere in between....Any of them that really get it all understand.... the joy is being on the bike safe and enjoying the ride. Not drinking and causing trouble.

WeirsBeachBoater
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I will be working in the beer tent on Wednesday, June 16th and Friday, June 18th from 4pm until closing time.

The weather forecast is looking good for Bike Week, so make sure you come by and say hello! :)

If you are watching the beer tent, Who's watching you??? LOL

Have a great time, be safe. Anyone looking for WBB, I can be found working Sat-Weds at Laconia HD, I have been honored to be chosen as a supplemental, Sales person. However Thurs-Sat you will find me operating one of the Shuttle Boats from Weirs to Meredith. See you out there!

Formula
06-11-2010, 07:12 AM
For the first time ever Buckey's will have an outdoor beer (*edit should have called it beverage) tent for the latter part of Laconia Bike Week. I believe that they start next Wed. and continue though the weekend.

I know that Winni Forum member Cristen will be working a few shifts Wednesday and Friday so if you are in the area stop by for a cold one and say hi.

Regardless of where you are or stop, please ride safely!

Can someone tell me where is Buckeys?
Thanks

Rattlesnake Gal
06-11-2010, 07:53 AM
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/RattlesnakeGal/Miscellaneous%20Blog%20Pictures/Buckeys6-11-2010-84927AM.jpg?t=1276260748

Buckey's (http://www.buckeys.net/)
240 Governor Wentworth Highway - Route 109 S
Moultonborough, NH

Cristen
06-11-2010, 10:55 AM
If you are watching the beer tent, Who's watching you??? LOL

Have a great time, be safe. Anyone looking for WBB, I can be found working Sat-Weds at Laconia HD, I have been honored to be chosen as a supplemental, Sales person. However Thurs-Sat you will find me operating one of the Shuttle Boats from Weirs to Meredith. See you out there!

I will stop by Harley next week to say hi Denis! Have a great week.....hope you sell some bikes. ;)

PennyPenny
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM

You are the BOMB. I'll be there both days because I have to. Dress up pretty!!! AC

Cristen
06-14-2010, 08:28 AM
You are the BOMB. I'll be there both days because I have to. Dress up pretty!!! AC

Thanks - you are too nice......I won't disappoint!

Dr. Gonzo
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Despite this being a less-than-average restaurant I would have to say that this was a fantastic move by Buckey's to bring in some business and to expand their 'tiny' bar. Seriously, their bar makes me claustrophobic. I'm just sayin'.