Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
superduty

Default C J Avery's

Been to C J Avery's several times this year. Food was good, service was good, and the price was average. In the past a reservation was required on a Friday or Saturday night to get a seat at a decent hour. Last Saturday night at 8:00 I don't think there was 10 people in the place. Food was still good but what gives? I don't even see any ads for the restaurant around the lake. We enjoy the place, but where are the crouds?
superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
kjbathe

I'm glad you had a good experience at CJ's -- it was long one of my favorite places for dinner, but last year or so we went a couple times and it wasn't the usually very good experience we had become used to. Maybe that's part of the reason they were having a quiet night, or it could have just been the weather.

If you're there, try the filet wrapped in bacon. Many nights I wanted to order a second one after the first.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Phantom

We Love the place too ................................ Shhhhh don't broadcast it here or we'll never get in!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
B R

Default CJ's not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbathe
I'm glad you had a good experience at CJ's -- it was long one of my favorite places for dinner, but last year or so we went a couple times and it wasn't the usually very good experience we had become used to. Maybe that's part of the reason they were having a quiet night, or it could have just been the weather.

If you're there, try the filet wrapped in bacon. Many nights I wanted to order a second one after the first.

This was my favorite restuarant on the lake for years and years. they always had the best prime rib. the last time we went there last year, and the two times this year have been a disappointment. too bad. i'd like it to go back to the way it used to be.

as far as the reservations being down; i suspect you'd see that all over the lake. we've noticed more vacancy signs for hotels this year than any year in the past. besides this weekend, it's been dead on the lake.

boats are down this year, so are the lines at the restuarants and there are vacancy signs everywhere for hotels. do ya think there's a link here?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Phantom

True or untrue?

Someone told us that they thought Avery's is closed ---- tell me it ain't so!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Drove through Lakeport yesterday (8-13) at about 4PM and there did not seem to be any activity there whatsoever. We thought it was strange not to be open on a Sunday during the summer season.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
Phantom

Yikes !!!

Someone tell me it's NOT true !

We really loved that place in the Fall for the Pub area & "Prime rib"
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #8
Seadoo

yes they are open, we ate there this past Sunday, it was alright, not the same as a couple of years ago, but yes they are open
Seadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
Phantom

Ohh SeaDoo --

Your the best, not happy to hear your experiance (perhaps a bad kitchen nite? who knows) -- but we really like the friendly atmosphere there in the Fall (post Labor Day) and in the past have found the food typically a good value --

Before all the connesiuser's of fine dining pipe in -- I said "good value"

Thanks again SeaDoo for chiming in !!