Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
trfour

Thumbs up Great News From Patrick's

I found this important article on Patrick's website that I think everyone would be interested in reading.

http://www.patrickspub.com/smoke-freedetails.htm

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default A tough decision I'm sure

Patrick's certainly tried to make sure that both smokers and nonsmokers could co-exist in the restaurant, and it seemed to work pretty well. But I'm sure there were some staff who were being affected, and even when the equipment worked its best, there seemed to be a trace of cigarette smoke in the nonsmoking area of the "bar area". The only real excape was into the other room, and you still had to go through the bar area, a problem for some folks (not my wife or I).

I applaud Alan & Jeff for their previous efforts, and for this current one. I'm sure it was a difficult decision, and I hope all their customers understand.

Always has been one of our favorite places to eat in Gilford, and will continue to be.

Thanks, T, for sharing with us.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up A fair decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee
{snip} I applaud Alan & Jeff for their previous efforts, and for this current one. I'm sure it was a difficult decision, and I hope all their customers understand.

Always has been one of our favorite places to eat in Gilford, and will continue to be.

Thanks, T, for sharing with us.
That is an interesting decision. I wonder if they couldn't have accomodated smokers on the "new" outside patio in lieu of being totally non-smoking. ? I do I give kudos for their effort ($$/not smoking). That's a twist I've not seen before.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Default ....ammonia & cigarettes

If what was in a cigarette were only tobacco, then maybe the first attempt could have been successfull. However, the tobacco in cigarettes gets treated with a small amount of ammonia so it will get into the porous spongy tissues inside the human lungs faster and then into the blood and brain. Everyone knows what ammonia smells like and how it is a strong and penetrating solvent. Very effective for a cleaning solution. One reason why the tobacco odor gets into fabric, rugs, unfinsished wood, clothes, hair, lungs is the ammonia, "so step up to a Salem for a spring time breath of freshness."
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
trfour

Hi Dave,

I think for all of us whom enjoy dining at Patrick's, it was the right decision. Allan and Jeff have always done a great job there, and the staff as well.

Mee-n-Mac,

Even in open air situations, how can I explain this,.... Have you ever been stuck behind a dump truck with hot tar in it and having to breath those obnoxious fumes, or being behind an older car with an emissions malfunction?.... Well, some folks are allergic to cigarette smoke and they simply can not talerate it. Most of the wait staff at Patrick's do not smoke, until they came to work, before this new policy.
Our own RG can add to this.

Thanks,
T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
sum-r breeze

Default The Press Release Says.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
That is an interesting decision. I wonder if they couldn't have accomodated smokers on the "new" outside patio in lieu of being totally non-smoking. ? I do I give kudos for their effort ($$/not smoking). That's a twist I've not seen before.
Mac,

I think you can still smoke out on the patio. The Press Release said "inside the restaurant"

The Breeze
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #7
Woodsy

I don't smoke... and I really don't care for it! I prefer a smoke-free experience.

However, I don't think the state should ban smoking in restaurants or bars. It should be up to the individual owners of the restaurant to make that decision. Cigarettes are still legal to buy, and the state makes ALOT of tax $$$ off of selling them. If you don't want people smoking, then outlaw cigarettes! The next thing you know, beer will still be legal, but you can't drink beer in a bar!

Other smoke free restaurants in the area... Willow's, Crazy Gringo, and rumor has it Paradise Beach Club. Although all bets are off when it comes to Bike Week...

Less governement, more personal responsibility!

Woodsy
Old 03-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
trfour

Post This thread is all about...

Hi Woodsy,

"Less government, more personal responsibility."

Allan and Jeff do care, and very clearly have steped up to the plate, in regard to the well being of nonsmokers, and smokers alike!!

Thank you.

Last edited by trfour; 03-14-2006 at 11:25 PM.