Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Arrow ForumFest II

It was just a small gathering this year but it was great to see everyone ....and we raised a lot of money for hurricane victims! McD

Last edited by mcdude; 09-11-2005 at 08:12 PM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default group shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
It was just a small gathering this year but it was great to see everyone ....and we raised a lot of money for hurricane victims! McD
Good shot mcdude. It was great to see you again and everyone else, especially "the don". What a beautiful day for it too.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
NHKathy

Default Labels!!

Unfortunately I was not up at the lake this weekend, so I couldn't attend, but....Can someone list who's-who in the group shot by LakeGeezer? I'd love to be able to put faces with the screen names!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Pepper

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKathy
Unfortunately I was not up at the lake this weekend, so I couldn't attend, but....Can someone list who's-who in the group shot by LakeGeezer? I'd love to be able to put faces with the screen names!
Weeeeell, I don't know. I think it's so much more fun playing the guessing game!

I'm easy to find ...

I'm wearing sunglasses!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Sorry Jane & I couldn't make it...kind of a last minute change of plans.

Pepper, nice hint...but I didn't know you had a goatee!!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
Grant

Default Good Time

Looks like it was a fine day, as it was down here in Pennsyltuckey. Good turnout. Thanks for posting the pics.

Heading back up on Saturday for "one last Lake dive"...

gfe
Old 09-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
Island Girl

Default ForumFest II Pictures

I have lots of ForumFest II picture but will not post without permission. If you were there and will allow me to post your picture... and whomever you brought with you, please email me via my profile and I will post pictures with you in it. (of course that requires me to remember all the names!)

Please indicate if you would like me to leave your name off and blur your name tag.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #8
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Sure you can post all the photos Sunset Bob and his girlfriend Donna you like.Had a great time at the forum fest. Good to put faces with names.
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 PM   #9
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default "I never win nuthin'!"

By the way.....a BIG round of applause for Pepper who did a great job organizing and facilitating the raffle!....oh....and a big thanks to everyone who contributed raffle items and to those who brought delicious munchies!
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #10
jkjoshuatree

Talking Great Pic...

I wish I was there. Had such a busy/hectic summer I thought I'd stay home for a weekend. Now I wish I didn't. Seems like you guys had a great time. And what amazing weather you had!!

Great pic Mcdude. Now there's a motley crew if I ever saw one (he he!!)

I will definitely be there next year.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts
Thumbs up fixed typo

I was happy I could be there and meet so many of you on such a gorgeous day. There were some surprises when I was finally able to put faces to the aliases and not everyone was what I expected. It was especially nice to finally meet charter members like Al, Skipper of the Sea Que and even Bizer made an appearance.

The after party at Garwoods was also fun and allowed us to meet Merrymeeting and his family, who were late arrivals because of another obligation.

Even the end of the evening was special as I watched several of your boats move away into the moonlight as you departed the docks. It would have been quite a picture, if I had only had my camera.

The number of forum members that I have now met has really grown this year. Every time I have lunch at Waldo Peppers I seem to meet several more.

Thanks to everyone who took time to attend and to those who organized and contributed to the fundraiser for Katrina hurricane relief. I really enjoyed spending time with all of you.

I've created a new category on PhotoPost for the 2005 ForumFest pictures. Please post your pictures there.

Don

Last edited by webmaster; 09-11-2005 at 08:38 PM.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #12
Pepper

Thumbs up ForumFest = Fun with Friends!

ForumFest II was indeed a success, and a great time was had by all. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends and enjoying the company of all.

The generosity of the members of this forum family never ceases to amaze me, and yesterday was no exception! As of the end of the raffle we had gathered a total of $392.00. However, a much larger sum will actually be sent to help those on the Gulf coast. How, you may ask? Through the ingenuity of a very special and trusted forum member, that's how!

This member will be facilitating the donation through his employer, which will TRIPLE (yes, triple!) the amount of the donation! In addition, this member is adding more of his personal funds to the kitty, and the end result after tripling will be a total of $1,350.00! How cool is that?

Thank you to all who attended and gave so generously (okay, I admit it, we were all trying to win Peg's quilt). Yesterday was a day I will never forget. Now, if I can sneak over to Rattlesnake Island and figure out how to make off with that quilt, I'll bet Mee would make it worth my while!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Name that member

First things first, I believe we can call FFII another success. $$'s were raised and a tradition established with some "new" faces since last year. Why ToW is ToW and Misty Blue isn't is a mystery to me It was a real shame we didn't get to witness the cowboy hat, thong and spurs costume though Some others were also noticably absent. As Ricky would have said, "You got some 'splainin to do". The raffle went well and I for one don't put much faith in that whole roving, quilt robbing, hit-man squad rumor. Is it too soon to talk about a Winter Fest ?

ps - IG feel free to publish pics of us, no need to blur the name tags, just my beer belly !

pps - And Pepper, given your "take" on crustaceans, this post's title was a reference to members of this forum not, aaaah, any forum's "member" And "Mee" says she'll definitely make it worth your while ... perhaps Shibley's creme brulee for life.

ppps - Apologies to RG, as we headed out I bet we passed RG(uy) on his way in. I could have saved him a trip and dropped you off on the way home. I'm reasonably sure I could have kept "Mee" locked in the cabin for the ride to Rattlesnake. ... reasonably sure ... On 2'nd thought, forget I mentioned it.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 AM   #14
DRH

Thumbs up FF2 Was Great!

It really was a day to remember ... fun, friends, new faces, and great weather. Oh yeah, and food!

Peg says she might consider making ANOTHER quilt next year for FF3! Anyone interested?

(By the way, I understand someone out on Rattlesnake just had a security system installed! )

Last edited by DRH; 09-12-2005 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Fix Typo
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Ditto - Great Forum Fest 2

I too add my thanks to all involved in Forum Fest 2. Thanks to everyone who took care of the details and those who took the time to come to the gathering. The time was too short - I didn't get to spend enough time with everyone there. Due to my drive home (about 3 hrs) I opted not to stay for the "after party".

Some folks just made a quick visitation to the Fest, like Misty Blue. All I saw was a blur of a red shirt - he had come and gone before I knew it. I thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie. Not everyone fits my mind's image of them based on their screen names and posts. Sunset Bob and PaulS for examples.

It was such a pleasure and honor to meet our Webmaster after all these years and Bizer (and the patient Bizer family) too. I'd run through the list but it includes everyone I met - it was great to see you all (some again and some for the first time). Almost didn't recognize Pepper without her apron on .

We may have to start a new thread though. Something like, "How to force flash while taking pictures at the lake". Maybe you had to be there to enjoy the humor but I heard more talk about digital cameras and trying to force the "fill flash" to work than I did about boat speed limits. It was a wonderful event and a super weather day.

Island Girl is gathering a permission list for posting other Forum Fest pictures. I can't seem to send her Forum e-mail (full mailbox or something?) I would like to get a copy of that list from her before I post more close-up pictures. Island Girl, are you willing to be the central point of contact on this issue? You can include my picture if you wish. I have permission from many who attended FF1 and would guess that their opinions have not changed regarding FF2 pix - but there were many new faces this year...

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 09-12-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #16
Pepper

Wink Permission Granted

I hereby grant permission to post photos of me from ForumFestII. For me it's not a problem, everybody knows who I am anyway.

Note to IG - I know your propensity for snapping scary photos of me - please promise to keep all of those in that "hidden" place.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #17
Island Girl

Default Permissions to post your picture from ForumFest II

So far, the people who have granted permission to post their pictures are:
  • McDude
  • DRH and Mrs DRH
  • Pepper
  • ToW and Mrs. ToW
  • Mee-n-Mac
  • Sunset Bob and his girl
  • Al, Skipper of the Sea Que
  • Rattlesnake Gal
I have not heard from:
  • Misty Blue
  • Winter Harbor Way (3 people)
  • Don Z.
  • Dave 35
  • The hovercraft man (he did let me post his pic 3 years ago)
  • Just Sold
  • IslandSib and brother
  • ghfromaltonbay
If you are on this list, please respond here or send email (not a message) from my profile on this forum.

As for my picture, you can post if I look good!

....... Make Lemonade
Old 09-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #18
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Smile Thanks IG

Anyone else there that's not on IG's list should also reply to her with permission or requests for alteration (of name tag or face).

I have pictures of people that are not on your list. Bizer and Lake Geezer are just two that quickly come to mind (as I'm being called to dinner). Lake Geezer said it was OK last year (could he have changed his mind?).

I tried to get a picture of you IG but it seemed you always had a camera in front of your face. Too bad I didn't think of taking a picture of you taking a picture of me...

Thanks again.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 09-12-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #19
Winterharborway

Default Great to meet you all!

Hi everyone,

It was great to meet you all this past weekend, I wish I could have stayed longer to chat! It was great to associate a name with a face! I'll need to recruit my parents to become more active members (including myself). You have our permission to post the pics! I'm the one without shoes! Left them on the dock as I jumped in the boat! Oh well... next year!

Hope you all are doing well! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

I think we are the only ones that have yet to try that lobster roll! Pepper, we'll be looking for you!!

Jennifer
Winterharborway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #20
Island Girl

Default Getting closer (permission to post pictures)

Current Yes list:

McDude

DRH and Mrs DRH

Pepper

ToW and Mrs. ToW

Mee-n-Mac

Sunset Bob and his girl

Al, Skipper of the Sea Que

Rattlesnake Gal

IslandSib and brother

Winterharborway (3 people)

Have not heard from List:

Misty Blue

Don Z.

Dave 35

hovercraft man

Just Sold

ghfromaltonbay

Bizer
Lake Geezer

....... Make Lemonade
Old 09-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #21
Just Sold

Default Post Away!

Hey IG, I am already in other photos so you have my permission to post.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:45 AM   #22
Misty Blue

Default Post me!

Dear Island Girl:

Sorry folks for the quick fly by. I was punched in and really not supposed to be there.

I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Of course you may post me. I only hope that you had 400 film!

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #23
glennsteely

Default Hey guys, remember me???

I wanted to come to the forumfest, but was afraid you guys would tar and feather me for the superbowl fiasco last winter......HaHa HeHe!
I did make it up a few times this year, but not like I wanted to. Still, any trip to The Lake is worth it in my eyes. We had great cooperation from the weather every week we were there, but I really wanted to meet some of you guys this year, oh well, maybe next!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #24
Pepper

Default GlennSteely

Where the H E Double Toothpicks have you been???

Your name has come up several times over the summer as MIA. We were starting to think something happened to you! Please, don't disappear for so long next time - we were worried.

Glad to know you made it up here and enjoyed yourself. And BTW, we wouldn't have tarred and feathered you ... we'd have thrown you in the lake.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
Island Girl

Default Post those pictures

I have been assured that people at ForumFest expect their pictures to be posted. I have been given explicit permission from all but three. Two of them had pictures posted last year and the remaining gentleman should be sending the ok soon, so post away!

Here are my pictures. The are not visible in photopost yet, but will be. If I release them 47 pictures will flood the photopost and obscure any new ones others may be posting. I will release them in a couple of days... you can however see them all now by clicking on this link!

http://www.rattlesnakecam.com//ff2/ff2.htm

....... Make Lemonade
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #26
RLW

Thumbs up Just 5 words

IG, Just five words from this reader, EXCELLENT, UNBELIEVEABLE, SUPER, FANTASTIC JOB

Last edited by RLW; 09-13-2005 at 11:34 AM. Reason: missed a word
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #27
Dave 35

Default Forum Fest II

Great fun to meet all of you for the first time. I have no problem with my picture on line.

Dave 35 and Hovercraft man
Dave 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
Just Sold

Thumbs up Great Photos

IG,

Those are some awsome shots...thanks for taking them and letting everyone see your wonderful work.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #29
Pepper

Thumbs up Wow

Unbelievable. Really really really well done, Girl!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #30
GTO

Default another year

Again I have missed this event due to my sons fall baseball but I would really like to attend and hope to next year. I didn't get up till late Saturday afternoon and by the time it would have taken to drive over from Meredith.....
I did make it over to Wolfboro on Sunday. It was a great day to be out on the lake.
Hey I'm from New Egland, I'm used to saying wait till next year.
Glad the weather cooperated and everyone had a great time.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #31
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Oh, What Fun!

As usual, great photos IG! I really like how you put them together. I'm glad you and your Island Sibs were able to join the fun.

Great weather and good company, what a nice time! It was wonderful to see everyone again and to meet some more forum friends face to face. This was definitely another successful gathering. Many thanks to all who helped make this ForumFest a success.
I agree with Al. "The time was too short - I didn't get to spend enough time with everyone there."
Perhaps next year we should start earlier in the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
The raffle went well and I for one don't put much faith in that whole roving, quilt robbing, hit-man squad rumor. Is it too soon to talk about a Winter Fest?
And here I thought I was being paranoid!
A WinterFest sounds great, Alton or Meredith in February?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
ppps - Apologies to RG, as we headed out I bet we passed RG(uy) on his way in. I could have saved him a trip and dropped you off on the way home. I'm reasonably sure I could have kept "Mee" locked in the cabin for the ride to Rattlesnake. ... reasonably sure ... On 2'nd thought, forget I mentioned it.
I'm sure Mee would have been more than happy to give me a lift... I can see it now, she would have been a dear and helped me by holding the quilt while I was disembarking. Next thing, I'd be in the water with The Mee-n-Mac speeding away with Mee diabolically laughing.

As it turns out, the guys were freezing their butts off at the dock. They arrived just after we placed our dinner orders. R-Guy couldn't get in touch via cell phone while we were at Garwoods. He was worried I might be waiting, so they headed over. Unfortunately for them, they brought Mac along, which meant they ended up doing pizza take out. Too bad for them, Garwoods was excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH
Peg says she might consider making ANOTHER quilt next year for FF3! Anyone interested?
Yes please! What a perfect grand prize.
Maybe we should pre-sell some raffle tickets online so forum members that cannot attend might have a chance?
Nah, they should just come join the fun! (That would just dilute our chances at winning! )

After hearing all afternoon how many people were vying for the quilt, I felt guilty about being the lucky winner. I'm over that now!
I will treasure this special quilt (and guard it) for always. It's not just because it is so well done that it takes your breath away or that the fabric is top notch, it's because a friend whom I respect and admire created it. And that gives me much pleasure. Thanks Peg!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #32
trfour

Default One of these ForumFests,

I hope to join and be there. I had to work from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday. No fun for me, but I am very thankful to all of you for your Photos&Posts of this great gathering!
IG'S photos are always a Joy!

T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:05 AM   #33
glennsteely

Default Pepper...

I Am Glad I Was Missed, And Sorry If I Worried You. I Am Alive, And Doing Fine And Missing The Lake......btw, I Would Like To Be Thrown In The Lake, As Long As It Is Well After Ice Out!!! :d
Old 09-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #34
Winterharborway

Default Great photos, great time!

Island Girl, the photos were great! Although there is one of me with my hand on my hip making some wierd face.. I must have been in the middle of a sentence! Who knows!!

I was glad to have met some of you and hope to connect with more of you next time!

Have a good one! Jen
Winterharborway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #35
Tired of Waiting

Default Naw, no tar around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsteely
I wanted to come to the forumfest, but was afraid you guys would tar and feather me for the superbowl fiasco last !!
But you did kind of remind me of ground-hog day only it's Glennsteely day. You pop into the forum, see you're still welcome and that signals 16 weeks of football season left.

It would have been fun to see you at fest II. Then we Pats fans could have properly thanked you for your interest in our team.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:16 AM   #36
glennsteely

Default ToW.....

It's not football season that I am here for.....Good one though, I have been around, just real busy, been reading here all the time, just didnt post in a while....no football comments or trash talking yet, we will save that for superbowl time, providing one of our teams are there, and Don doesnt skin us like a 3 day old squirrel!! Haha! Hehe!

Anyhoo, it is good to slow down a little and start posting again, I miss this forum and all the people here. I just wish I could have made it to the fest this year and met all of you in person.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:20 AM   #37
glennsteely

Default ToW, by the way....

I am kind of curious....what exactly is involved in "properly thanking" me for interest in your team?? I have a feeling this too, has something to do with being thrown in cold water...hahaha!!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #38
Tired of Waiting

Default A ritual

[QUOTE=glennsteely]I am kind of curious....what exactly is involved in "properly thanking" me for interest in your team?? I have a feeling this too, has something to do with being thrown in cold water...hahaha!! QUOTE]

Has something to do with a length of rope and a nautical term "Keel".

Oh ya, and a trucker's term Hauling.

Na, a good old ribbing would have sufficed. Like us all wearing our Pat's Champs T shirts!!

Maybe next year you can attend and we can meet the face behind all the kind words towards the Pats.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote