Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
Little Bear

Thumbs up Anchor Suit - what a cool product!

I have been searching for some kind of anchor bag or protective covering to prevent my anchor from doing damage to the anchor compartment on my boat. I've tried canvas bags, towels, rubber sheets and just about everything else. Nothing ever worked.

I came across this product called an Anchor Suit, which looked like a very well designed product. I just ordered one for my Danforth anchor on my boat in Florida and it's a great product. The material is thick, and will prevent the anchor from damaging the boat when it gets bounced around.

http://shop.coolwaterproducts.com/AnchorSuit_c101.htm

I also noticed they had another great product called a "drain plug reminder".

http://shop.coolwaterproducts.com/Sa...er-SLCOMBO.htm
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
AC2717

not a bad idea but seems a little pricey for the idea of protecting a hidden compartment from damage

what about lining the compartment with some closed cell insulation foam (pink or blue)
Old 01-17-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
Little Bear

I think it's a well made product and worth the cost. Packing the anchor compartment with foam or something similar would be more difficult. It may also hold moisture and break apart due to the abuse from the anchor. With the Anchor Suit, I can pull the anchor out of the compartment without scratching the compartment or the deck. I can also keep the anchor in other parts of the boat.

I plan to order two of these for my lake boat - one for the primary anchor, and another for the lunch hook.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Kamper

Wow! The yuppie boater can have a fashionably dressed anchor! Do you coordinate that with the hull, the deck or the skipper's cravat?

lol! Just teasing you!

I kept my lunch hook in a plastic suitcase and got ribbed for it being the only thing in my over-night bag.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Every time I see a 21' sport fisherman cruise past, with it's bow too high in the air....it makes me think how a 70-lb bag of tube-sand placed into the bow area, anchor storage compartment could serve two purposes; to balance the boat, and to safely cushion the pointy anchor.

How much for a 70-lb bag of tube-sand...maybe four dollars....plus then you also have a bag of traction sand handy in case you get your boat stuck out on the ice!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-19-2015 at 05:04 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
Tired of Waiting

Default Much better way

and many bass boats have them. Trolling motors now have GPS in them and an option "anchor" mode. I've used one and to tell you the truth they work really well. Held the boat well within the anchor rope circle of a typical set up.

Of course it is a bit more expensive and does clutter the front deck but every option has its draw back.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote