Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Seasons?

I know all Salmon and Trout fishing ends September 30th on Winnipesaukee but does bass fishing stay open until October 15th or does that close on September 30th as well on Winni??

Thanks!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
topwater

Thumbs up

Largemouth Bass & Smallmouth Bass

Rivers & Streams: January 1 - October 15; Catch & Release May 15 - June 15
Trout Ponds: 4th Saturday in April - October 15; Catch & Release May 15 - June 15
All Other Waters: No closed season; Catch & Release May 15 - June 15

Dan, this came from NH fish &game website.
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
fatlazyless

While trout & salmon fishing on Winnipesaukee ends on Sept 30, the Winnipesaukee season for bass fishing remains open all year round with some restrictions as to number, and when the bass are nesting and giving birth for a couple weeks in June. Approaching a female bass' nest while you are in the water swimming can definately have the bass give you a nip of a bite on your leg.....yikes.....like, what was that? 'That fish there, with the big lips, it just bite me....my...my!'

Looking for a trout pond that's open after Sept 30?

Russell Pond, off the Tripoli Rd and Rt 93-Exit 32, located in the USFS Russell Pond Campground is open for trout fishing through October 15. It has a small parking lot, big enough for about five cars, that is directly on the pond, say just about 20' from the waters edge, and it sports a sign that says something like " Free Parking for Fisherman-Kayaks-Canoes Only," w/ no motors allowed into the aproximately 40 acre pond that covers a number of grey granite ledge outcroppings underneath the water. Otherwise, you have to pay about 16-dollars/day to occupy a camp site.

Russell Pond = kayak fishing heaven! It supposedly gets stocked with trout in April or May. Check out the aerial photo at fishingworks.com!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Pineedles

Default Hi Topwater and Dan!

Too busy squirrel hunting right now to consider fishing, but this has definitely been Pineedles' reawakening as far as fish and game this year. Before work hunt, lunch a favorite stream nearby, and after a hard day an hour or so in the field scoping out the next WMA to try. It's been a carthasis for the BS I deal with everyday. I catch and release and eat everything I hunt. It's too bad that others can't see the the natural balance that this can give them, and can't get to this pointof their human nature, I feel sorry for them.

Topwater, thank you again for visiting me this early summer and the lures you gave me and technique for hookin them up. Tried them out in the CT River and they definitely attracted some very large fish.

Larry (FLL), thanks for your research.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
sa meredith

Smile self defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Too busy squirrel hunting right now to consider fishing, but this has definitely been Pineedles' reawakening as far as fish and game this year. Before work hunt, lunch a favorite stream nearby, and after a hard day an hour or so in the field scoping out the next WMA to try. It's been a carthasis for the BS I deal with everyday. I catch and release and eat everything I hunt. It's too bad that others can't see the the natural balance that this can give them, and can't get to this pointof their human nature, I feel sorry for them.

Topwater, thank you again for visiting me this early summer and the lures you gave me and technique for hookin them up. Tried them out in the CT River and they definitely attracted some very large fish.

Larry (FLL), thanks for your research.
Gotta shot those animals, Pineedles. I get it. I know it's self defense.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links