Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
jkjoshuatree

Talking Lemon Grass...

I know there have been several threads/post about Lemon Grass but I was just going through the Memorial Day Weirs Times and noticed a big article on it.

I LOVE sushi and would love to try a good sushi restaurant up at the lake. What does everybody think of Lemon Grass since they took it over from Mike Love? Is the sushi good, great, amazing, so-so? And how about their other dishes?

They sound like honest, hardworking people that try really hard to get only the freshest ingredients for their customers so I would love to give them my business. I'll be in Wolfeboro so it's not exactly a quick jaunt to grab a bite so I thought I'd ask all the experts on Winni.com for their advice before I venture over.

Thanks to all of you in advance. I can always count on my Winni friends.

Oh ya...if anyone has any other suggestions for GREAT sushi anywhere around the lake, I'd love to hear those suggestions as well. I'll travel anywhere for good sushi.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Very Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
I know there have been several threads/post about Lemon Grass but I was just going through the Memorial Day Weirs Times and noticed a big article on it.

I LOVE sushi and would love to try a good sushi restaurant up at the lake. What does everybody think of Lemon Grass since they took it over from Mike Love? Is the sushi good, great, amazing, so-so? And how about their other dishes?

They sound like honest, hardworking people that try really hard to get only the freshest ingredients for their customers so I would love to give them my business. I'll be in Wolfeboro so it's not exactly a quick jaunt to grab a bite so I thought I'd ask all the experts on Winni.com for their advice before I venture over.

Thanks to all of you in advance. I can always count on my Winni friends.

Oh ya...if anyone has any other suggestions for GREAT sushi anywhere around the lake, I'd love to hear those suggestions as well. I'll travel anywhere for good sushi.
Lemongrass is very good. Highly recommended!

Regarding other sushi places, check out Green Ginger in Tilton near BJs. Also Delaney's Hole in the Wall in North Conway has a great sushi station.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Newbiesaukee

Lemon Grass has excellent sushi, but also a larger and more varied menu than even Mike Love had and there have been significant changes over the winter. I highly recommend. It is not inexpensive, but is a good value. The food is neither traditional Thai nor traditional Japanese, but it sure is tasty. The owner has redecorated and enlarged the restaurant. The waitstaff, IMO, is the most professional in the Lakes Region.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
angela4design

Thumbs up Father's Day

We tried lemongrass for the first time on Father's Day, and I couldn't believe how long it took for us to finally try it! It absolutely lives up to all the acclaim.

In time living on the west coast, I've become used to sushi straight off the boat, and although there are good options in the Lakes Region, Lemongrass was EXCELLENT. The food was SO fresh, beautifully presented and unique! I've never seen sushi as "Unique", but they add in beautifully complimentary flavors, without getting crazy. The flavors they set in gives the freshness of the product center stage. We tried apps, soup and four varieties of rolls.

The decor was also really nice, and they have two areas in the side of the restaurant with traditional Japanese floor-style style of seating. I'd love to find a bunch of friends that love sushi as much to make an evening of that!

The service was exceptional, as well! Very attentive! I had gotten the impression that it was expensive, but found it comparable with other sushi restaurants ($8-$12 per sushi roll). I'll add too, that we had our 4 year old son with us, and even though this isn't the type of place with a kids' menu, they were more than happy to accommodate a special request for him, and he finished every bite!

We will be back!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angela4design For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
jkjoshuatree

Wink It's Decided Then...

...I'll be making at least one stop there a week while I'm up for a month. Told ya I love sushi!!!

Thank you all!!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
C Tucker

Unhappy Slo-o-o-o-o-w Service Tonight

Don't know what was up tonight but they could not get the entrees out. Just came home from a three hour dinner. No problem getting drinks or appetizers but the entrees were not moving. Problem just worsened as the evening went on. No reasonable excuses given. Waitstaff should have started advising customers to select a meal from the appetizer and sushi sections. Food was excellent as always when it finally came. Obviously something was up with the kitchen staff. The restaurant was no more busy than the last time we were there three weeks ago so it must be staffing. Hope it is straightened out before the big 4th of July weekend. We left with half the restaurant unhappily still waiting for dinner.
C Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
Newbiesaukee

We were also there on Saturday night. As almost everything is cooked to order, they were overwhelmed. Staffing the kitchen is a real problem in the area with very slow days and then the weekend. I believe that an additional chef has been hired. I always expect to wait a little longer for this quality and type of food; but Saturday was excessive and, I hope, an unusual event.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
phoenix

went tonight and about six tables were filled and 5-6 in the kitchen so wait was normal. Food was very good so agree it is tough to firure how big a staff one needs. Overall it was very good experience and we will be back
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

I am ashamed to say that I live year round in Moultonborough and that I have never been to Lemon Grass. I believe it has been opened for 7-8 years. Today my husband and I decided to go for lunch. The food was fabulous. It was presented so nicely and it was delicious. The server was extremely professional and she certainly knew the flavors of the food on the menu. She answered every question I asked and her suggestions were right on. The only issue I had was that the restaurant is dark ( like many Asian restaurants ). Next time I will go on a rainy day so I don't miss the sun. We will definitely go back.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Don't be ashamed GB Girl..........that location is hard to notice, but once you've been there, I'll bet you'll be back. It's a real hidden gem and one of our favorites.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
songkrai

Very good restaurant. Wish they had more Thai food.

Last edited by songkrai; 07-17-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
mg2107

Always top notch cuisine.
mg2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
Gatto Nero

Lemon Grass is now on Restaurant.com. They have $100 certificates for $40 but if you use the Code "DATE" today you can get them for $8.
winnipiseogee (01-28-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
Lakegeezer

Default $200 minimum plus 20% tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
Lemon Grass is now on Restaurant.com. They have $100 certificates for $40 but if you use the Code "DATE" today you can get them for $8.
Note, you have to spend $200 or more (plus minimum $40 tip) to apply the $100 coupon. Still a good deal, but only if you are having a big night out.
Newbiesaukee (01-30-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #15
winnipiseogee

Default Thanks!!!!

Got the $50 gift certificate for a whopping $2 and took the wife out for dinner. It was an effort to spend $100 without booze but we had fun doing it!! Thanks again for the suggestion.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
Greene's Basin Girl

If buying off restaurant.com the key is to sign-up for emails. I always wait until they send me an email with a code to buy the certificates for $2.00. I never spend more than $2.00 for any certificate. I recently bought Woodshed and Lemon Grass certificates.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (01-29-2012)
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Note, you have to spend $200 or more (plus minimum $40 tip) to apply the $100 coupon. Still a good deal, but only if you are having a big night out.
True enough. There were 6 of us last night so the $200 limit was not a factor. I think knowing we had $100 off we probably spent more than we normally would have though. With the tip we were over double that.